Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new member here. Been browsing the boards for awhile now... Just wanted to ask if any of you are from so. cali and bought a tsx anywhere near cerritos, pasadena, or alhambra and what ur experience was?... thnx..:cool:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
welcome to the site hope you like it here!! we are a nice friendly place to chat about the tsx :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cyco,

I checked out few Acura dealers in the area.

Pasadena Acura - I dealt with Richard Laguna. Nice guy with some sales pressure. I almost bought a TSX from this dealer, but they really low-balled me on my trade-in. I walked out.

Keys Acura - I personally did not like the salespeople of this dealer. Too high pressure. I also read postings by other owners who did not have good experiences at this dealer.

Weir Canyon Acura - This one is at Anaheim. It may be little to far way from you, but I read a couple of postings in another site recommending this dealer. Those poster got > $1000 discount on their TSXes. I almost bought a TSX here.

Metro Acura - Also read few positive review of this dealer.

Downey Acura - I bough my TSX here. I was on my way to Weir Canyon, but I stopped by Downey because it was on the way. Downey had the car (color-wise) I wanted, so I ended up buying it from here. I paid almost MSRP, $29000, but they threw in about $400 worth of accessories.

Whichever dealer you go, I recommend seeing Internet Sales managers. Because they are sales managers, not just salesperson, you can have direct negotiation. They are also less pressure and easier to deal with.

Good luck on your search for a new car.

One thing is that if you don't enjoy haggling over the price, but want less pressure and easier deal, you should see Internet Sales managers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx tsx_ca!... i also went to downey acura and the salesman was great!...but i will check with internet sales managers...from each one of those dealers..hehe and 1 dealer u didnt mention that i know of that i have to check out also is cerritos acura... however they always seem to be sold out..thanks again man:cool:

G

·
Test drive the car, preferably from the dealership you are not planning to buy. The reason I say this is because I noticed that the Internet managers (I-managers) will not step on the sales peoples feet. I've had several occasions where I spoke and test drove with a salesperson, then submitted on-line forms to the same dealership. If the I-manager discovers you spoke to someone at their facility, the sales dude will mysteriously show up in the deal again with a non-aggressive price.

Yes, using the I-managers is definitely the way to go - it's very pleasant and almost fun. Even though I bought an RSX, in my experience, I've found the I-managers at Keyes and Cerritos to be the most pleasant. Keyes was just willing to go lower so that's where I bought my car, even though I'm way down here in San Diego. Good luck!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I agree with going with the internet sales managers first. Last fall, I helped my mom buy her Camry. I went through the internet and asked each of the local Toyota dealerships for price quotes for the color and model she was interested in.

I ended up getting a price quote that was just around invoice (a little less if you consider the accessories they threw in). I didn't even have to haggle with him.

When I went in with the email, he knew exactly who I was and had everything set. I did, unfortunately, have to close the deal with a salesman, so that kind of sucked... waste of 15 mins. telling the "financial" guy that we didn't want an extended warranty, VIN etched into the glass, rust-proofing, etc.

But anyway, the internet is the way to go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
how do i get a hold of the internet managers? do i email or call them? thnx..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Calling them will get their attention the most. Their pricing will definitely be more aggresive than what a floor salesperson will give you.

BTW I'm an internet manager in Oklahoma City!

·
Registered
954 Posts
cyco-lic-no said:
how do i get a hold of the internet managers? do i email or call them? thnx..
If you go to Acura's website, go to the Locate a Dealer page. From there you can get the names of all the internet sales managers at each dealership and a link to their specific web site.

Otherwise, on Edmunds.com, you can automatically send a quote request to all the dealerships in your area.

I'd say email them first. They'll usually call or email you back if they want your business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys.. i think im going to call each dealer by phone and talk to their internet managers and see what deals i can get.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you go to Downey Acura's website, www.downeyacura.com, fill out and submit a quick quote form, they will send you a list of TSX in their inventoy and a list of soon to arrive TSXes.

When I submitted quote request, INet salesperson at some dealers did not reply to my request. Some had sent me a form e-mail telling me that they received my e-mail, but no follow ups.

INet salesperson at Weir Canyon and Downey tole me what they had and what they expect to receive in near future. They also sent me an update when new shipment of TSXes arrived.

·
Registered
954 Posts
cyco-lic-no said:
thanks guys.. i think im going to call each dealer by phone and talk to their internet managers and see what deals i can get.....
Good luck... you may not have much success actually talking to one of them. They might just send you over to one of their salespeople.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update!: well, I talked to Weir Canyon acura..and they told me soo far 32,500 plus wheel locks and splash guards which I dont really care about and tint.... People say it could still go lower..and someone said they saw

black/ebony/6mt/navi/underbody kit/rear spoiler/fog lights all for 31,500... WOW!.. i wouldnt pay for the rear spoiler or fog lights but at that price Ill take it!..anyway im going to keep negotiating..:D

·
Registered
954 Posts
cyco-lic-no said:
update!: well, I talked to Weir Canyon acura..and they told me soo far 32,500 plus wheel locks and splash guards which I dont really care about and tint.... People say it could still go lower..and someone said they saw

black/ebony/6mt/navi/underbody kit/rear spoiler/fog lights all for 31,500... WOW!.. i wouldnt pay for the rear spoiler or fog lights but at that price Ill take it!..anyway im going to keep negotiating..:D
What options are you asking for? I'd say that anything over $30k (including the navigation system) seems a little high.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sjlee said:
What options are you asking for? I'd say that anything over $30k (including the navigation system) seems a little high.
im askin for an AT or 6speed/ w/ navi/ and underbody spoiler kit installed/ along with tint... what you think is a good price i should settle for??.. some dealer so far said 32,500...OTD thanx..!

·
Registered
954 Posts
cyco-lic-no said:
im askin for an AT or 6speed/ w/ navi/ and underbody spoiler kit installed/ along with tint... what you think is a good price i should settle for??.. some dealer so far said 32,500...OTD thanx..!
Is that quote that they gave you including tax, title and insurance?

MSRP for the TSX with navigation is $28,490, which is what most people have to pay these days. I'm not sure what they are charging for the spoiler kit and tint, but I'm guessing that it isn't worth $7000.... probably more like $3000.

You also have to remember that if you really want the car now, you're probably going to have to pay whatever the dealer is asking, unless they have TSXs sitting on the lot (which I doubt).

I guess you have to ask yourself if you're willing to pay a premium to get this car now. If you wait until next year (or even later this year), you will be able to get one for at least a few thousand less.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sjlee said:
Is that quote that they gave you including tax, title and insurance?

MSRP for the TSX with navigation is $28,490, which is what most people have to pay these days. I'm not sure what they are charging for the spoiler kit and tint, but I'm guessing that it isn't worth $7000.... probably more like $3000.

You also have to remember that if you really want the car now, you're probably going to have to pay whatever the dealer is asking, unless they have TSXs sitting on the lot (which I doubt).

I guess you have to ask yourself if you're willing to pay a premium to get this car now. If you wait until next year (or even later this year), you will be able to get one for at least a few thousand less.
they said that price was everything OTD including tax, license, and everything.. I want to get the car soon.. possibly within the next 2 months.. i hope prices drop even a little...:rolleyes:

G

·
Here's my recent buying experience at a northern Cali dealership. My choice was an automatic w/o Nav which lists at 24,647 and an MSRP of 26,990. Both prices include the destination charge. I dealt with the internet fleet manager (this title is meaningless and is supposed to give the impression that you will get a discount. Don't believe the hype.) Let me cut to the chase and say that I paid $25,990 before tax,license,registration. I did not buy any accessory which made things simple. Anything I wanted could always be found elsewhere at a much lower price. The temptation here is to say that I paid alot less and make myself look like an ace negotiater, but I want to be upfront so that anyone considering buying one would know that it is possible to pay less than MSRP. My TSX was the only one on the showroom floor and the many lookie lou's checking it out was making me nervous. I had to have it and settled at that price. Bottom line; $1000 off MSRPP. Your results may vary. Good Luck

CG/Ebony

1 - 20 of 20 Posts