Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About an hour ago (Sat. afternoon), Boston Post Rd. in Larchmont, in front of Stop & Shop and the Gap -- bellissimo Satin Silver TSX with cool Italian custom plates.

I waved. I'm not sure the driver knew why tf I was waving. :D

Mine is Carbon Gray.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Weird but nowadays I'm seeing more TLs (the new ones) on the road than TSXs :squint:
I knew this was gonna happen eventually but so soon? Not that it's a bad thing or anything.:wiggle:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whatchamacallit said:
Weird but nowadays I'm seeing more TLs (the new ones) on the road than TSXs :squint:
I knew this was gonna happen eventually but so soon? Not that it's a bad thing or anything.:wiggle:
Me2. I've only just recently started seeing new TL's to any extent.

And actually I've been seeing significantly more TSX's also in the last month or so.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Yea many more people are getting the TL here too. I find the TL ugly compared to the TSX seems too big.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tsxclub said:
.....I find the TL ugly compared to the TSX seems too big.
I agree, although it's all relative and I wouldn't exactly say ugly. In fact, if there were no TSX, I'd think the TL looked fine. But once the TSX becomes a frame of reference, you see the TL differently.

Actually the sizes of the TSX and the TL are very close. I think it's mainly the proportions of the TL's dimensions that make the main difference -- it's an unusually WIDE car, relative to its other dimensions.

I think that's the main thing that hampers the handling, as compared to the TSX. People sometimes point out that the extra width should help the handling, by decreasing body roll -- and I guess it must help with that aspect of handling. But it seems to me that in general, that extra width has to make the car more cumbersome. And the TL does indeed feel cumbersome, compared to the TSX. (At least IMO.)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I like the looks of the interior of the Tl, however it has many drawbacks when compared to the TSX. Like the back seat does not fold down...

Oh yeah I try to be funny once in a while.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the handling is more a result of suspension tuning than proportions, or even mass... it's not THAT much heavier than the TSX. It's just tuned really weird...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
larchmont said:
Ohio.

That should take care of any other questions. :D
what are you trying to say about ohio? :mad:

haha actually the plant is like an hour away i wanna go take a tour some day.. just haven't had the time...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
tsxclub said:
Yea many more people are getting the TL here too. I find the TL ugly compared to the TSX seems too big.
i think they are both really pimp.. but for my current needs a TSX will suffice... how after driving tha max can you say tl is too big?!?!
:confused:

on the other note... iam GLAD to not see TSX's around... i don't want to be driving the same car as everyone else
1blue1.gif

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
hondafreak4eva said:
i think they are both really pimp.. but for my current needs a TSX will suffice... how after driving tha max can you say tl is too big?!?!
:confused:

on the other note... iam GLAD to not see TSX's around... i don't want to be driving the same car as everyone else
1blue1.gif
The 95-99 Maxima shape is almost like the TSX not too big. The new Maximas are like boats.. I dont know after driving in the TSX I cannot drive a car bigger lol.. Next car has to be an S2k or something.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hondafreak4eva said:
what are you trying to say about ohio? :mad:

haha actually the plant is like an hour away i wanna go take a tour some day.. just haven't had the time...
If you do, obviously we'd love to hear about it.

.....and BTW see what you can find out about "quality" over there..... :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Altersys said:
I think the handling is more a result of suspension tuning than proportions, or even mass... it's not THAT much heavier than the TSX. It's just tuned really weird...
(1) It's about 8% heavier, which is more than enough to make a significant difference.
I don't know for a fact that it DOES make a significant difference, but it's gotta be enough.
For example.....how much trouble does Acura go through to SAVE weight on their cars? Even just 50 or 100 pounds?
(Actually I don't know the answer to that question either, but I think most people assume they go through a lot of agony over that.)

(2) Even besides the weight, you don't think the extra width is a factor? Look at it this way: It you have two things of THE SAME weight, and one of them is trim and the other is......uh, wide, wouldn't you think the trim one would be more nimble? I think it's obvious, except maybe it isn't because nobody else really talks about this.

I would LOVE to get a chance to find out from Honda/Acura what they had in mind in making the TL so wide (I'd guess the answer to that one would be, "Mainly for more interior room"), and then to ask what they thought about how this factor affects the handling and whether it made them have to do any extra things to compensate for it (like with the suspension). And I'd love to know what they really think of their result.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does anybody drive a Gray TSX in NYC, Brookyn especially, Ocean Pkwy. Last Saturday, just curious because i was driving next to one.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Hey guys...saw a CGM on the PA turnpike today...driving home from school...wondering if that was anyone on the boards....He was following me for a while, untill i got off at a rest stop..Im in a black Euro R w/ european plates...was that anyone here?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts