Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an '09 w/NAV on Saturday.

I really like the car, but I'm still having a few withdrawal pains from my '01 Audi S4. :)

Now if I can just figure out how to get one of the cigarette lighter adapters to keep power on when I turn off the ignition...

The old:

The new:

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome, I'll bet you're enjoying the boost in fuel economy over that S4.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, I'll bet you're enjoying the boost in fuel economy over that S4.
The S4 wasn't too bad on gas (relatively speaking). If I wasn't flooring it (and kicking in the turbos big time) I'd average around 20MPG.

But yes... at $4+/gallon that was one of the reasons I went for this car with the 4cyl vs the Accord Coupe (generally my only option for a V6 and a stick).

I'm still on my first tank, but the gas mileage is looking pretty good -- not counting the time it's been sitting idling while I pore over the manuals. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Ausi A4 was lovely,no doubt about that,BUT...the Acura TSX is very much better ...
My old car was an S4 not an A4.

I don't want to turn this into an Audi vs Acura argument, both have their merits -- I mean, I've bought both.... But comparing 6-speed manual models, the S4 is in a totally different class than the TSX. 250HP @ 5800 RPM and 258ft lbs at only 1800RPM with a nice long flat torque curve. 0-60 in under six seconds. The thing was a real beast, and built like a tank.

The '01 S4 was generally compared in the same class as the BMW M3, with the general consensus that if you wanted to track the car, get the M, but for a daily driver (which was my use), the S4 was more comfortable. With the quattro all-wheel I never had any concerns of the car getting stuck in the snow.

The down-side to that car (and most/all higher performance German cars) was the maintenance costs. I didn't have any major problems with it, but the regular maintenance wasn't cheap. I'm looking forward to not having to change any timing belts on the TSX.

For the record, I got my '01 S4 in the fall of 2003, and it was _almost_ a TSX which had just been introduced at the time.

Again, I'm not dissing the TSX... I really like mine, but it's an apples to oranges comparison next to the S4.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I was a VW person,as had 4 Jettas before the TSX,and was extremely happy with all of them.
So Audi is in my blood too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts