Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.....everyone...i just pick up my TSX last week, and this is the best car i ever drove in my life.... I totoally love it...
But i just have one question. when i bought the car i remember when u open the door the instrumental light comes on. Now only the door lights comes on. My wife keeps telling me she doesn't remember the instrumental lights comes on when i open the door. But i swear i remember it comes on
Can anybody vertify this for me????????????? thank u !!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
You're right the instrument lights should come on at 10% brightness when the doors are open and 100% when the key is in the ignition.

Just checked the owners manual and there are 2 possible reasons you are experiencing this:

1. "If you do not insert the key in the ignition switch after opening and closing the door, the illumination will turn off after 30 seconds."

2. "If you insert the key but do not turn the ignition switch to ON (II) the illumination turns off in about 10 seconds."

If your wife is like mine... well, let's just say she is probably "not as in tune with the vehicle" as you are. Best to verify yourself to be sure. ;)

If neither of these fits your situation, best to bring it in and have it checked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts