Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
While I was surfing a web looking for next mod idea for my car, I found this incredible forum. There are so many great cars and resources that I couldn't stop continue reading.
I own Alabaster Silver Metallic '07 Accord EuroR with 6-speed. It's been three years and neary 40k miles racked up, still excellent in every way.
Anyway, great forum and great people. Hope I can learn many ideas from you guys while suppling you some info from Japan in return.

#Forgive me for my sloppy English.
#I havn't used it much for neary ten years since I was in high school!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome, and I hope all is going well over in Japan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for warm welcome.
yes, it's been horrible for couple days throughout the country. Some of our guys drained their cars and my office was corrupted, could be there for at least a week or so 'till it's been inspected and ok to go in.
But, we have to get on with it. My CL7 worked well carrying some people during that blackout-train-stopping madness. Little contribution to the community already.

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Welcome and hope for a speedy recovery there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome! Nice Euro-R, but most importantly, glad to hear you're ok there. I donated to the Red Cross hoping for a fast recovery in Japan.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
the fact that youre posting means you guys have power and internet which is a strong sign that maybe the gloom and doom we're hearing on the news is a little sensationalized. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well, as a disaster survivor I know how it feels to just want to get on and find normal again.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Glad to hear that you are okay,and lovely Accord that you have.

Are Accords popular in Japan,and what cars do they compete with over there ???

Here in Australia they are very popular,and fully imported from Japan.

Compete with Mazda 6,Subaru Liberty,Ford Mondeo,VW Jetta and Passat,as well as entry level Mercedes c class,BMW 3 series,Lexus IS,and Audi A4.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Again, thx for the kindness everyone. I was about to cry for your patience.

The reason why I can hook up to internet is because I wasn't in the area where tsunami hits. Most of the damage and casuality were caused by waves, not the earthquake itself.
In severely damaged area (northern part of main land), black-out still being the biggest issue. In my area, there are scheduled black-out going on as well.

But, as I said, I believe that we have to look forward.
Only thing I can do might be little things, like donation and conserve electricity/fuel. Yet, think positive and do the things I can do for them, and someday, everything will be okey.

---

>Are Accords popular in Japan,and what cars do they compete with over there ???

To be honest, Accord or this type of sedan are not popular sort of car in Japan anymore. People mainly buy either small compact like Prius, Fit, Yaris or boxy minivan like Stepwgn(JDM), Nissan Serena(JDM) and Toyota Voxy(JDM).
#For my personal preferences, they aren't cars. Just box on the wheels...

When my gen of Accord were on sale, main competitors were Subaru Legacy, Mazda Atenza(Mazda 6), and Toyota Avensis.
For Euro R(i.e. excluding model with low power/automatic model), direct competitors are usually Legacy turbo.
Euro car intenders will not consider Japanese domestics, due to the huge price gap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like the Japanese have beat us to the punch again by buying logical vehicles which return great gas mileage. Americans still haven't figured that out with their gas guzzling trucks and SUVs.

Glad to see you are here. I pray for all those involved in this catastrophe. May you recover very quickly and very soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts