Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting HID fogs 10,000k h11 (or should i get h9's?) on, but at night i leave my normal hids/fogs on and then when you lock it they shut off after a bit. but if i install the new hids in the fogs will i be fine leaving it on still when i lock it and leave for them to shut off by themselves? or what

and any place you guys recommend to get the new hids for the fogs? willing to spend up to like 100 and under on them?

i have the oem fogs already too *

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
Wait, by rewire, do you have fogs installed already or no? And your question is if you buy HID fogs will they shut off automatically just like the OEM ones?

I think they would shut off automatically as well, as long as they are wired no differently than the stock fogs.

And don't do 10000k please...thats purely for show.

·
(: Daniel :)
3,224 Posts
H11 are our OEM fogs so you would need that setup. As for leaving them on and the auto turnoff feature we have, it will work as long as you don't rewire anything. As for leaving them on all the time like that it will lower the life of your bulbs since you're constantly turning them on and off which isn't good for their life span. I only use my lights when needed and that is what I personally suggest. If you want to run the lights all the time though then go for it, just my .02.

I have the DDM Tuning HID fogs and I paid 90 bucks for it shipped with lifetime warranty, 3000K. I wouldn't get 10000K either since that looks really horrible IMHO. Unless your car is a show car I wouldn't get it. The DDM kit is plug and play and no need to rewire anything so if you go that route it's fine. Some ppl bought the ebay kits and some crapped out on them and other's are still going strong with no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as in rewire i meant like rewire it maybe later on to have the fogs turn on without the low beams.
but i think im just going to order the fogs from DDM Tuning like sortudo7 did.

i dont know what K to get though. i dont want yellow ones but i want some that will piss people off haha

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
if you aim your foglights to blind people, you will probably get pulled over for it some day. get 4300k-8000k. Most people get HID fogs to match their HIDs, unless it's 3000k.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
i got 6000k recently..i now turn off the fog lights manually b/c I want to preserve the bulb life..it's much bluer than the low beams

1 - 8 of 8 Posts