Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I simply put a HID conversion kit in for the high beams on my 04 tsx? I know the regulars have D2S but the high beams are halogen. I think it would look much better with 8000k high beams. The main question is this. How can I put HID bulbs in for my high beams instead of the already existent halogen ones. Also, which is more like the stock regular beam lights? 6000k, 8000k?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can I simply put a HID conversion kit in for the high beams on my 04 tsx? I know the regulars have D2S but the high beams are halogen. I think it would look much better with 8000k high beams. The main question is this. How can I put HID bulbs in for my high beams instead of the already existent halogen ones. Also, which is more like the stock regular beam lights? 6000k, 8000k?
So i just picked up a set of H1 (are high beam bulb number) and unlike any other HID kit this is not just a plug and play. The HID bulb does not sit in the housing like the oem bulb did, they bounce around a lot and will fall out, some kind of custome bracket needs to be made I am guessing. I have yet to find a way to put them in so if you figure it out or find somehting please let me know! As for the stock color it would be 4500k

·
Registered
69 Posts
Stock HID is 4300 kelvins. Of course the colour would have shifted a bit due to the life of the car, though.

You can sure put an HID in the high beams, but isn't that overkill?
If you plan on using it, it would throw light everywhere, glaring oncoming traffic like crazy.

To put an HID in there, you'd need an HID kit.
The best one is from Morimoto, over at TheRetroFit source (BEST lighting website).

You can go with cheaper HID kits like DDM Tuning, or any generic one like the ones on eBay.

I would just go with regular halogens that match the HIDs, though, if "looks" is what you want.

@tjohn1821: If you bought an H1 HID kit, it should fit with no problems and definitely should not "fall out" and require brackets...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.