Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member here on the site still, I love the environment though with all the help. I'm not too mechanically inclined on my cars but I want to give it a go this time around with a TSX..

I currently have 117xxx miles on my car, and I plan on throwing some mods on ...I'm wondering what else what would be a good idea to look at or replace, whether it could be bushings or something with the engine? I am getting a new clutch/flywheel and a water pump put in soon.. Just wondering if you guys have any more input ... Would really appreciate any help!! Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I currently have 117xxx miles on my car, and I plan on throwing some mods on ...I'm wondering what else what would be a good idea to look at or replace, whether it could be bushings or something with the engine? I am getting a new clutch/flywheel and a water pump put in soon.. Just wondering if you guys have any more input ... Would really appreciate any help!! Thanks!
I would suggest typical 120k mile stuff beyond what you stated - 120k is a big service interval in my opinion:

REPLACE
  • engne oil and filter
  • accessory drive belt
  • transmission fluid
  • engine air filter
  • cabin filter
  • engine coolant
  • brake fluid
  • steering fluid
  • coolant lines
  • spark plugs [if not done previously]
ADJUST
  • parking brake

CHECK
  • brakes
  • all fluid lines (brake, fuel, A/C, etc.)
  • exhaust
  • steering components
  • drive shaft boots
  • under and all over for rust, etc.
  • valve clearances
  • A/C system
  • tires
  • shocks
LUBRICATE/GREASE
  • steering linkage parts
  • door hinges
  • door seals
  • trunk lid seal
I prefer to replace belts and hoses proactively as I drive my vehicles hundreds of miles at a time for work. You might also consider replacing the alternator proactively, but many people probably would not do this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ BEAUTIFUL

That's exactly what I needed, something like a checklist haha thanks SO much for that 997.

Hey I am also considering on ordering new pulleys, I want to keep my A/C and P/S, I am planning on changing the belts... Would these be a good choice to look at? Or is even replacing the pulley's with an aftermarket going to give me any more gains whether in power or less pull on the motor?

·
Registered
21 Posts
^^ BEAUTIFUL

That's exactly what I needed, something like a checklist haha thanks SO much for that 997.

Hey I am also considering on ordering new pulleys, I want to keep my A/C and P/S, I am planning on changing the belts... Would these be a good choice to look at? Or is even replacing the pulley's with an aftermarket going to give me any more gains whether in power or less pull on the motor?

I will assume that you are considering lightweight aftermarket pulleys. I will not argue that pulleys with less rotational inertia should correspond to more power at the wheels. However, I would argue how much power they actually add, and I personally would not spend my own money on aftermarket pulleys based on claims of more power.

However, it is your money and you should spend it the way that you want.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well fair enough I'll take that into consideration most definitely. Meanwhile, I've been pricing things out slowly online, based on estimates of certain mods. I wanna finish by late summer!!

Alright and one last question.. I have a squeak in my clutch when I am releasing it sometimes. Is that the clutch release bearing/throwout bearing?? I know there is something else besides the clutch that may need replacing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts