Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 tsx wagon 5sp auto 2.4l 4cyl (60k mi)
I know this topic has been discussed but I cannot for the life of me find one of the threads that has a positive 100% confirmed solution. I am asking about the high pitched squeal that occurs on acceleration from about 3k to the top of the of the gear. Was it low AC refrigerant, Axle shaft, or the exhaust? Would love some help because it is getting worse and it is rather annoying.
Thanks and sorry if this has an easy to find thread

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,074 Posts
Where is the noise coming from?

Is it a lose belt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Def not the belt. No video of my own, there are a couple on the youtubes. This is a common problem with these cars and I was just curious if anybody had figured this out yet. All posts lead to dead end.
I will head to ********* and see if anybody there knows of a solved thread available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I have a feeling it may be a power steering pump as well, though it's a bit too high-pitch sound imo

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a very high frequency sweaul that happens on acceleration. I have audio of it on my google drive somewhere (will post when i find it)

Basically it is associated with the compressor, in my case. I had the warranty geeks look at it before the CPO warranty went out and it was even heard by a regional honda warranty rep. they claimed its just a characteristic. it still does it to this day at 119k. I havent had an issues and its been doing it since it had 55k.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts