Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DaniC
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My high pressure power steering line has finally started to leak. Just wondering if any one has tried the below manufacturers as an alternate replacment and if they can provide their opinion;

EDELMANN 92160 [Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 53713SDAA01, 53713SDAA02, 53713SDCA01, 53713SDCA02]

GATES 365538 [Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 06530SECA00, 37234, 50048, 53713SDAA01, 53713SDAA02, 53713SDCA01, 53713SDCA02, 73477]

AC DELCO 36365538 [Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 19286526]

BECK/ARNLEY 1092141 [Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 53713SDCA02]

I did get these part numbers from Rock Auto.

Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can't help you with that, but I just replaced mine (part from autopartway.ca - oh the horror of living in Canada - don't know what brand) and can offer you some tips.

If you jack up the front of the car from the centre jack point, and then remove the wheels you can lower the car till the rotors are almost touching the ground and it will be much easier to access the nuts and bolts etc, holding the line to the lower frame. You will lose fluid when you disconnect the line at the rack, so have rags handy and have fluid to top back up.

I had to fiddle around to get the rack end out from under the frame support, but it does come out (I seem to remember that I had the curved part facing up).

·
DaniC
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi rcy & tr3flip,

Thank you both for the information, sorry about the delay in reponse, my notifications weren't setup properly. I did not even know they had a recall for this :mad:. Oh well, its done and over with. When I bought it, the company also provided a shield to protect the hose from the high heat off of the engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FYI, Acura covered this on my 2004 TSX under a recall warranty. They said it was a safety hazard and could potentially cause a fire. Parts and labor completely free and this was done just last year.
''

Only in the US for some bizarre reason. I guess we don't have fire in Canada?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Given that it’s not terribly hard to replace and Gates is a super reputable OEM manufacturer of belts and hoses, I would trust that part 100% as much as OEM. Honestly beck arnley is hit and miss between OE suppliers and super cheap aftermarket. I can’t even see a rhyme or reason to it when I order parts, I buy a lot of beck arnley from rock auto and I’m just not that crazy about them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine started to leak as well last month, right at the spot where it travels over the sub frame (supported by a plastic clip) on the way to the cooling loop. I suspect yours is the same area.

I did a custom fix to mine. I cut the leak section of the hard line out, then slid a piece of 5/16 ID fuel line hose over the hard line and clamped it with band clamps. Leak is gone and PS is perfect! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts