Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone ever been in Gemany and driven on the Autobahn? I had a chance to do it 2 years ago and got Volvo c70 up to 150m/h. Great experience.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
No (although actually born in Germany!), but while we're at it....

Did some highway driving in Italy a few years ago, and it's crazy. A lot of people were doing well over 100 mph, and the average seemed to be at least 80 mph. Yeah, I was in a little bit of a hurry :D and so I welcomed the chance to join the fun. But it was a little terrifying. If I'm in a hurry and I'm the only one going so fast, that's one thing. But if everybody's going like that, well, I'm not used to that.

I understand they have their share of real bad accidents.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Italians have real good Higways too, while i was driving in Germany my usuall speed was about 120m/h and i had cars passing me its nice when there is no speed limit.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
netoperek said:
Yeah Italians have real good Higways too, while i was driving in Germany my usuall speed was about 120m/h and i had cars passing me its nice when there is no speed limit.
120mph is too fast.. I wouldnt drive over 70mph with kids in the car. :confused:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tsxclub said:
120mph is too fast.. I wouldnt drive over 70mph with kids in the car. :confused:
Great principle. But I bet that over there you would.

Among other reasons because you'd probably actually feel UNSAFE going slower, given what the flow of traffic was doing.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
larchmont said:
Great principle. But I bet that over there you would.

Among other reasons because you'd probably actually feel UNSAFE going slower, given what the flow of traffic was doing.
Do they atleast have police officers on the highways?

·
The One and Only
210 Posts
pfft ive gone up to 135 on 66west .. yeah call me crazy but i aint afraid of cop.. because im a diplomat!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
rAiN said:
pfft ive gone up to 135 on 66west .. yeah call me crazy but i aint afraid of cop.. because im a diplomat!
Yea but being a diplomat these days does not really protect you jjjjjjjj8 back 5 years maybe..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
netoperek said:
So has anyone ever been in Gemany and driven on the Autobahn? I had a chance to do it 2 years ago and got Volvo c70 up to 150m/h. Great experience.
it's a dream i will one day make reality :D

the whole idea of the autobahn just makes me drool :flower:

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
tsxclub said:
Do they atleast have police officers on the highways?
Yes.

It's been my impression that the Italians drive faster on their Autostradas WITH speed limits than the Germans drive on their Autobahns WITHOUT speed limits!

They do have to contend with Evil Speed Cameras with photoradar, though....

Also, the highway fatality rate is actually LOWER on the unrestricted portions of the German Autobahn than it is on the US interstate highway system!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts