Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pictures of the HKS Super Power Flow kit installed on my TSX.

With the right tools, it took me around 20-30 mins to install it myself, the tough part is to figure out the right angle of the metal tube included in the kit and disconnect/reconnect the battery.

The kit comes w/ a metal plate I guess it serves as a heat shield or block it from rain/moisture, either way, its something extra I don't usually see from HKS other SPF kit. If any Vancouver guys interested, I know Rev Competition still has a couple set, ask for David he should be able to help you guys out.

Now all I want is to wait till HKS release exhaust for this car......god knows when though.

Motsx

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Nice. Really Thanks for sharing those pictures. You are a Good Man/Lady.
Is it particularly make for CL-9 OR CL-7 ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The HKS SPF kit will fit on both CL7 and CL9 model.

Motsx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not too sure if its correct or not, but from my experience, SRI tends to be a bit better performance in city driving where most speed is around (or a bit ABOVE city speed limit :p). But don't get me wrong CAI is great in track or highway given you don't have to stop or slow down much.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
moTSX said:
I am not too sure if its correct or not, but from my experience, SRI tends to be a bit better performance in city driving where most speed is around (or a bit ABOVE city speed limit :p). But don't get me wrong CAI is great in track or highway given you don't have to stop or slow down much.
well ... SRI loses less tq than CAI in low end .... ~ that's y ..
but CAI sitll out run SRI's performance ....
but that is a awesome set up u got there .. ~~ great job ~ :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Short RAM designs are also more prone to heatsoak issues, that metal panel may be great against water but enemy against heat. It will increase heat and temperature around that particularly area.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
Short RAM designs are also more prone to heatsoak issues, that metal panel may be great against water but enemy against heat. It will increase heat and temperature around that particularly area.
yup .. i heard that too .. ~ in some case SRI will eventually got too hot and decrese the performance .. ~
btw .. i think u should remove the resonator .. that will help the a bit ~

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Andynolife said:
i think u should remove the resonator .. that will help the a bit ~
If you haven't done so, that'll be very useful. Along with the weight savings from that damn heavy box.

Good follow-up there, Andy.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
HKS.... hmm...
I read a report few years ago comparing some filters on the market.
it indicates that HKS has good air flow, but very poor filtering.
K&N average air flow + average filtering.
most impressive was the one from Apexi... good air flow and good filtering.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really don't know who actually do clean their aftermarket air filter let alone change to a new filter element in a regular time interval?? I have seen customer that came into our store and ask for filter element replacement and asked us to change it for him. To our surprise, that guy has a HKS SPF filter and hasn't changed his filter element/nor clean it since he bought the air filter kit 2 years ago. The element I believed was once "green color" but when we took it out, it was totally black. The guy said the car ran fine so he didn't bother to change it!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thx .. Saz ~ ... yup .. i heard the HKS's air flow is great .. ~ :)
so how long should we change the filters ? ...
well my frd did clean his air intake filter every half yr .. ~ that is an exception

1 - 16 of 16 Posts