Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the car for over 14 months with only 6000 miles. I have to do 20k miles/1 year maintenance if I follow the manual book.

should I follow the maintenance schedule on the manual book or just wait for the first 10k miles?

BTW, how much is gonna cost for those kind of maintenance services?

Thanks.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You can just do the next closest service recommendation instead of the timeline based one since your car has a low usage count. As for pricing, your dealership is your best bet on quotation charges.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Noel, or anybody else who knows:

Tha law states that manufacturers cannot compel you to get the work done by their dealers, as long as you can prove that you are following the service intervals published in the Owner's Manual yourself.

However, dealers often get away with pressuring people into bringing their cars in for all the bloated and overpriced "recommended" service packages. I realize this varies by individual dealer, but what's the overall feel for Acura? Do they really push this stuff, or are they accomodating for people who handle routine maintenance themselves?

TIA,

:Duke

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
This works just about everywhere under the sun not limited to the North Americas region. Most nations would have laws indicating you don't have an obligation for factory service.

As long as you can prove that periodic maintenance is carried out by a certified mechanic or business, they need to honor any warranty work if necessary. Such proof can be indicated on service locality stamps, signatures on your factory log books.

How appropriate this is vs what the dealerships tell you no doubt is driven strongly by profit making schemes. I wouldn't careless about what dealerships have to say. The majority ironically seems to have an agenda for their own gains instead of their customers worldwide based on corporate policies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts