Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FILIPINO FURY
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so this morning I was backing out of my driveway and my driveway is on a mid steep incline. So I turn the wheels slightly left and right to manuever between my moms and pops car and I hear this horrible noise. Its like a weird screaching/clcking noise coming from my front end. I was think it was my powersteering since I've yet to put some in. Its a little under fill line. But all in all these sounds I've never heard before and their freaking me out. If anybody has any experience with this before pls let me know. Could it be my PS fluid? Tie rods? Axle? Ahhh help

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Top up your PS fluid (when on LEVEL ground!), and see if the problem comes back. Make sure to use the proper fluid.
I'd think that the incline plus low fluid level caused an air bubble to go through the PS pump, and that can definitely cause some weird/loud/screechy noises, as well as a sudden loss of pressure (causing a jerk/click in the steering). Since it happened while going slowly and while turning the wheels (probably fairly sharply), that's why I think the PS fluid being low is the culprit here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts