Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 TSX auto w/o navi including freight: 37,300.

There is no way that the extra year's upgrades are worth close to 4000 than what I got mine for. GUess Acura sees that TSX is successful and figures people are willing to pay that much more for the car, but if you consider adding navi to the price it's over 40,000. What is stopping people from getting the TL at that price?? I know I would rather have the TL at that price...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
I still pick TSX if the price is same as TL.

1. don't know how to mod a TL, not much to choose from, probably can only put on some cheap american stuff (comptech) on. Well... mugen just release some stuff for this TL, but it is very ugly still, ha ha...
2. TSX out handle a TL for sure.
3. Although TL has more power, TSX is not much slower. DOHC for the win, SOHC for loser, hee...
4. TL looks like an old man car. It is just ugly overall.
5. I don't like american-made Honda, their finish is just bad compared to japanese-made Honda.
6. K24A has I-Vtec... TL engine is still old design.

So, I am happy with my TSX :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
SAZABI said:
It is... Joker. I wouldn't put their stuff on my car for sure :nono:
Have you bought any of their parts that were not good Saz?

Joker - who has met the owners, was given a tour of the factory, and was very impressed :nod:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Yes. I bought their spring. Totally crap.
within one year, the springs (all 4) were rust up like hell. Not just one or two spot, the whole spring!
My friend's TL bought the same thing, whole spring was cover with rust less than 1/2 year... 1st the TL front is at least 100-200lb heavier than Accord, and they share the same spring... as a result, TL front is much lower than what it claims in its spec, and it is very soft. This is showing me that Comptech either don't care when they design their stuff (probably left the bump stop uncut when they do their R&D? ROFL), or they were just careless.
The rust part is telling me that they don't make stuff very well. And don't tell me it is normal, b/c it did not happen to H&R, neuspeed, and Spoon.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I actually did not get into their springs, so I cannot comment on them.
But I will tell you that I have owned the Ice Box, Comptech Header, and cat-back in the past, and have nothing but praise for them. :nod:
Joker - who would never buy springs (only) to lower a car anyway (would spend the money to do it right the first time with complete coil-over's).

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
SAZABI said:
I believe mugen should not disappoint me. :nod:
I am also pro Mugen Saz, and you know this!
This is also why you should know that (as always) you get what you pay for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Getting back to my initial question, honestly how many people would pay 40,600 for a 2005 TSX Auto w/ navi than 41,750 for a TL w/o navi??? Even though I own a TSX I would seriously take the TL without a doubt if the difference in price is only 1150 dollars. Anyone else???

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I'd get the TSX over the TL for looks and interior design, but it would be tempting to get the extra horsepower of the V6 from the TL though...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
I'd get the TSX over the TL for looks and interior design, but it would be tempting to get the extra horsepower of the V6 from the TL though...
agreed. the only thing that appealed to me about the TL was the horsepower. I love the interior design of the TSX, and the GPS comes in handy too.

but my decision was based on wanting a navigation system so the difference between the two cars with navi systems is about $5500 give or take.

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
This may sound stupid, but I liked smaller engine TSX had. I was about to be sold on the TL, but I decided to buy TSX since I liked styling of the TSX a little better ;) 2.4L is easy on gas as well I would think... :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
Joker - who would never buy springs (only) to lower a car anyway (would spend the money to do it right the first time with complete coil-over's).
Ditto!

Comptech stuff is on par with Mugen from what I have heard. Never had either one of them...some day I might be able to afford or see the need in them.

cheori, where in the world did you find the TSX at that price? That certainly does not sound correct! Edit: Nevermind...you are talking CAN $...so I don't know :donno:.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
cheori said:
hmm? you mean b_lum81 right?
I didn't post any prices on here ;)
Ooops...I meant Strider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah it's in canadian dollars, talked directly to the owner of the dealership which my friend's family knows. They made less than 400 canadian off the sale of the car to me, so I got a pretty good deal. :thumbsup:
What's even more crazy is that I just went to Richmond Acura todat and they had 2 2004 TLs on the lot, the sales guy talked to my dad saying that he's willing to let them go for less than 36,000 !!! I couldn't believe it when he said that. The 2005 TSX costs more than a 2004 TL, and the TL's finance rate is lower!! I know styling is a personal taste, but it's mighty hard to ignore the V6 and 70 HP difference!!! :spin:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts