Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AT transmission blew up in the free way and now i want to swap it to manual. The tsx MT is rather pricey but i the 03-07 accord can be found for much cheaper in my local junk yard.

Is this a viable option
Dont want to sell the car due to it having a build head with skunk2 parts and new intake and throttle body

·
Registered
139 Posts
My AT transmission blew up in the free way and now i want to swap it to manual. The tsx MT is rather pricey but i the 03-07 accord can be found for much cheaper in my local junk yard.

Is this a viable option
Dont want to sell the car due to it having a build head with skunk2 parts and new intake and throttle body
Yes, I was told by Ghost Werks transmissions that the Accords manual transmission will work on the TSX. It's a 5-speed transmission though and you will have to do some work if you want to make it 6 speed. The good thing about the Accord's transmission is the casing is made out of aluminum instead of magnesium like all of the TSX's. It's a little heavier compared to the magnesium but the bearings won't warp the casing like how most of the TSX's does, which makes it not salvagable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, I was told by Ghost Werks transmissions that the Accords manual transmission will work on the TSX. It's a 5-speed transmission though and you will have to do some work if you want to make it 6 speed. The good thing about the Accord's transmission is the casing is made out of aluminum instead of magnesium like all of the TSX's. It's a little heavier compared to the magnesium but the bearings won't warp the casing like how most of the TSX's does, which makes it not salvagable.
I think they do fit on the tsx but if i recall correctly I saw on a post here once that the tsx trans has extra mount up top or something that needs the accord one to be improvised or a bracket to get it to fit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts