Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh

I am really confused by the back but hopefully it will look more coherent w/ the camouflage off. I do not understand the sweeping roofline that has been in style now for a while (except for the new Pilot) as it really cuts down on interior space. My guess is that they did not want this to look like a wagon ...

·
I love to whine
14 Posts
mixed feelings on this one... idk. i guess it could look ok, maybe, lowered with some 19"s but the way it looks right now ew no thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ugliest things ever! I don't know why car companies insist on making stuff like this keep the nice lines you have and a wagon back......beautiful, not this strange cross breed looking thing

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Honda's answer to the Venza...

Pretty much an Accord sedan from the B-Pillar forward with a sloping hatch grafted on back. Original spy pics looked like the TSX tourer only bigger. Apparently that design was either a disguise or a test mule.

Now it looks like Honda is gunning for an updated version of the Accord wagon. But rather than risk ppl staying away due to the "kiss of death" resemblance to anything close to wagon, they've styled it like everyone else. Another "4-door fastback/quasi crossover" - heh, I should copyright that ;)

Forget what's under the bra, it's pretty much the same as the current Accord sedan. This maybe Honda's way of admitting the Ody's days are numbered and we need to come up with inexpensive alternatives to the minivans. Personally, I'd much rather see Honda bring the Australian lineup here.

The Ody is much nicer styled and smaller than the USDM version:

They also offer two basic versions of the Civic - the USDM/CDM:

And the better looking (IMHO) Euro version:

And if I had to replace my TSX today... my personal favorite:

Which I guess answers the question why Honda choose not bring the Accord Euro Tourer here.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
whats going on honda? =(

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Odyssey

I doubt that the Odyssey is going anywhere anytime soon as it outsells the Pilot in addition to the Toyota Sienna & Nissan Quest. Last I heard, Nissan is dropping the Quest tho.

I must be one of the few people on auto enthusiast boards that is not that bothered by overhangs ...

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Yeah I don't care for it.

Some of the conceptual shops are nice. But the real photos are not attractive at all.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Is this what were getting? I thought it was suppose to be the EDM Accord wagon with the USDM front end on it? This one is ugly!:(

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

When you think about the Toyota Venza, Honda’s upcoming CUV model makes a lot more sense. The 2010 Honda CrossTour was recently spotted by a man on vacation in the Smokies. Detroit News is now confirming that the car 2010 CrossTour will enter production in September at Honda’s East Liberty factory in Ohio.

The model will be slotted between the CR-V and Pilot and will take on the Toyota Venza CUV.

Power is expected to come from Honda’s 3.5i VTEC and the 2.3L 4-cylinder turbo from the RDX. Now word on whether Honda plans on offering AWD on the CrossTour.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Teaser

It seems like automakers are getting used to the idea of using Facebook to slowly tease products before their official debut date. Honda has just dropped the first teaser for its upcoming Honda Accord Crosstour, scheduled to debut September 1.

The 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour Facebook fan page has 2,336 fans at the moment that can check out teasers (images and videos) before anyone else.

Sales of the Accord Crosstour will begin in fall 2009. Power is expected to come from Honda’s 3.5i VTEC and the 2.3L 4-cylinder turbo from the RDX.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HeadLamp

Last Friday, Honda launched a new Facebook fan page for the upcoming Honda Accord CrossTour. Along with allowing some 3,200 fans to talk about the upcoming crossover, Honda releases little teasers here and there to keep the fan page community interested.

Here is the latest teaser, following the grille we saw last week. Any guesses as to what it is (sarcasm intended)?

Honda will officially take the wraps off the new Accord CrossTour on September 1st. Sales will begin in fall 2009.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts