Acura TSX Forum banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
took my car in this morning at 8:30 and was out by 10am. the guy didnt even wait for a cool down just went right to it.lol

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
oh i didnt get no serive thoo. i.e rental car ( figured i wouldnt), shuttle, or even a car wash. mayb i traded it off for a cup of coffee ?

·
Data scientist/programmer
1,114 Posts
Went in a week ago for the recall at Pleasanton, CA. Took about 2 hours. They had a lounge with food, drinks, internet, and tv. I had to sign a release of liability to get my car back since I was running on the steel part of my tires. They said it wasn't safe and could blow out at anytime. Got new tires the next day.

All in all, good service.

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
man i had to bring my laptop for internet!!! good thing i was there on sat car shoppin and found out about it then! food? no food! drinks? cup of coffee or water fountain -.-

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
man i had to bring my laptop for internet!!! good thing i was there on sat car shoppin and found out about it then! food? no food! drinks? cup of coffee or water fountain -.-
Ah, I know what you mean. At Keyes Acura, they had computer stations, tv, drinks (water, machine that does coffee, chocolate, and 8 other stuff), snacks (fruit, cookies, donuts). They gave up on Acura and decided to sell Mercedes Benz instead. Center Acura that popped up to take over for the region.

Center Acura doesn't really have a lobby for customers to sit, unless you want to sit outside in the hot air. There was no mention of internet, and I think they only had a coffee maker.

This reminds me that I noticed my aftermarket rearview camera is crooked after I took my car in. I think they spent the extra time looking at how I installed a camera in my 1st gen, so I'll have to now go back and try to configure it the way I like it again.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
LOL oh man I'm so laid back about my TSX....something unthinkable couple years ago.
I had NO idea about this recall nor this thread.

Went in for oil change then rep told me about this. but it only took them under 2 hours for the oil job plus this recall job.....I read many people got loaner just for this job so I wonder if I got short-changed hmmmm.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
very impressed with the new TSX, i always kinda hated the syling, but once i got behind the wheel i kinda forgot about it

front end looks kinda sick now that i think of it....235/45/18 tires are nice and wide....paddle shifters are pretty sweet, car is smooth, seems a little more solid than my 06.... and boy oh boy is that 280hp nice.... they should make a 2012 v6 tsx coupe....

·
Evan
1,090 Posts
Does anyones steering feel soft with the recall change?

I got mine changed and the steering now feels kinda soft. I looked down towards the rack and there is now a wet film on the rack. makes me think they did something wrong and there is a leak now.

anyone else steering feel soft??

·
Registered
299 Posts

I got mine changed and the steering now feels kinda soft. I looked down towards the rack and there is now a wet film on the rack. makes me think they did something wrong and there is a leak now.

I noticed no difference on mine. I guess something is leaking on your car now :(

·
Banned
781 Posts

Mine was soft before the recall due to the leak, now its much stiffer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went to the dealership about about a month ago and they said that since my car was not under warranty any longer the recall didn't apply to me. But I actually have a leaking power steering hose. Any idea why my car wouldn't be covered under the recall?

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
+1 thats complete BS.... you should ask to speak with the manager and inform him of the guy who lied to you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't know why they told me that it wasn't covered before but I took it to the stealership and the local Honda mechanic and both told me I couldn't get it fixed under warranty. However after a call today, I'm getting it fixed under warranty as well as a free loaner car for the day. Thanks for the help on here guys!

101 - 120 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.