Acura TSX Forum banner
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
tell them to look up what the word recall is, and read if there a fine line that sys they cannot do unwarenty cars, and if they dont do it. thell tehm your gonna bring the gov into the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey i just got a tsx a week ago i love it!!... iv,been with honda for a while every car i owned and raced ha! but i bought it threw a friends dealer i have unlimited mile warranty bump to bump.. can i still bring it to the dealer and get these hoses fixed.. thanks

·
-iii-(
19 Posts
I just got mine done last week. Bought the car about 6 months ago and it hadn't been done yet. They run the VIN at the dealer to make sure it either has or hasn't been done yet. You'll be good to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It will. It will take a few months but i have seen updated part numbers for power steering hoses. Il start stocking them once they become available. This is a repeat in the TL's
Can someone please post the updated part numbers that get replaced. I viewed all of the previous replies in this thread, but I did not see the updated part numbers listed anywhere.

I am assuming that the dealer receipt has the part numbers of the items that were replaced.

·
Registered
430 Posts
This has mostly been a problem in TSX's that are driven in hot conditions (Canadian cars were excluded from the recall). Are you near a dealer in Australia? (Honda? I thought Acura was a North American only brand). I would think that since it is a known problem with the vehicle, they would take care of it for you on a case by case basis

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Bumping this thread up.

I just, yes just got this recall letter today. It was dated "Summer 2011", as a Reminder: Safety Recall.

Will look to get it changed asap. 2006 6MT here.

I guess I got it so late because I bought the car Jan of this year.. wonder if previous owner got notice of it..

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Bumping this thread up.

I just, yes just got this recall letter today. It was dated "Summer 2011", as a Reminder: Safety Recall.

Will look to get it changed asap. 2006 6MT here.

I guess I got it so late because I bought the car Jan of this year.. wonder if previous owner got notice of it..
So it's every single TSX? Not a certain batch based on the VIN?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
can someone please post the updated part numbers that get replaced. I viewed all of the previous replies in this thread, but i did not see the updated part numbers listed anywhere.

I am assuming that the dealer receipt has the part numbers of the items that were replaced.
1. 06530-sec-a00 kit, p/s feed hose
2. 08206-9002a fluid, p.s.
Fc: 5hh00
part#: 53713-sdc-a02
count: 1

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
Anyone with a supercharger had this recall done? I don't want an Acura tech messing with anything he's unfamiliar with.

I'm reluctant as hell to ever take my car in to the dealer, it hasn't been there since some time in 2008 as far as I can recall, and I'd like to keep it that way, but this has me worried. I got the letter today.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Do you need the letter in order to get it done or can you just get it done whenever?

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Hose just leaked on me last week. Brought it in today, free repair and a car wash but no car for 2 days :(

121 - 140 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.