Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like those pesky 5-speeds are at it again... :rolleyes:
Hopefully this won't migrate to the TSX?

Honda Motor Co. is recalling about 650,000 of its minivans and sport-utility vehicles sold in the United States and Canada to fix a potential problem with the transmission, the Japanese automaker said on Wednesday. The recall affects 2002, 2003 and early 2004 Honda Odyssey minivans; 2003 and early 2004 Honda Pilot SUVs; and 2001 and 2002 Acura MDX SUVs, all equipped with V-6 engines and five-speed automatic transmissions. The gear teeth in the transmission could chip or break, resulting in abnormal noise or in rare instances, possible locking of the transmission, creating a potential safety hazard. Fixes begin in May. -Jim Burt

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7041

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Anyone know if the transmission from these Odyssey/Pilot/MDX are the same problematic automatic transmission (JATCO?) from previous generation Acura TL?

I believe TSX uses entirely different transmission so we're ok. . . I think.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I thought this problem was over with.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
While at my dealer the other day, Acura's service department was pulling their hair out!!!
They were very upset at the media for leaking this story, as Acura had not even notified their own employees's of the recall yet.
So you can only imagine all the calls they were getting, not to mention people wanting to bring their car's in to get them fixed.. here's the kicker.. Almost all of the people calling to get their car's fixed, are not experiencing any problem's.
I do not envy the employees of Acura's service department right about now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts