Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the beginning of this year, Honda confirmed that the 2009 Honda S2000 would be the final model year for the award-winning coupe and roadster. The model was originally created to celebrate Honda’s 50th anniversary but was extended due to consumer demand.

According to Japan’s Best Car, Honda may now be working on a successor to the S2000. Following the launch of the CR-Z hybrid coupe in 2010, Honda is also said to be penning a more powerful coupe that is expected to become a replacement for the S2000.

Best Car says that the car will have 2+2 seating and will ditch the S2000’s rear-wheel-drive system in favor of Honda’s Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive system (SH-AWD). No word on whether the car will use the S2000’s powerful 4-cylinder engine; however, the new sports coupe from Honda will get a hybrid system similar to the one found in the Honda Insight.

With all that being said, the model sounds more like a new sports coupe rather than a replacement to the S2000. We’ll have to wait and see if this rumor is true.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i'll believe it when i see it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is this going to be different than the '4 door coupe' there have been talks of lately....because it sounds pretty similar and I find it hard to believe that Honda would be making THREE new 2+2 AWD coupes at the same time...

Although, i gotta admit, its a segment that honda has been ignoring BADLY of late...

·
Last hand... ALL IN!!!
1,884 Posts
hybrid coupe? Extra weight, less power = Successor of S2K... sounds about right... :laugh:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rendered spec

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
4.5L V8, twin turbo, AWD, 40MPG, 650HP, old team of designers. Oh Honda, when will u get there...?

I guess never....

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
With the current global economic climate and even before the world markets crashed, Honda was already steering towards producing general consumer cars, moving away further from performance marques.

The delay/cancellation or the next NSX is a clear indication of the direction Honda is taking. Apart from speculation, I would love Honda to return to it's performance roots and continue to make competitive and well engineered cars. In reality, this is only a dream.

·
I love to whine
14 Posts
^ which sucks because honda isn't the only mfg getting away from performance vehicles. in 4 or 5 years i think there aren't going to be very many options for fast/affordable. :(

·
I love to whine
14 Posts
truthfully i sat in one of the new genesis coupes and i'm almost a little ashamed to admit... i really really want the one with the v6. ugh i can't believe i just typed that. lol

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
With the current global economic climate and even before the world markets crashed, Honda was already steering towards producing general consumer cars, moving away further from performance marques.

The delay/cancellation or the next NSX is a clear indication of the direction Honda is taking. Apart from speculation, I would love Honda to return to it's performance roots and continue to make competitive and well engineered cars. In reality, this is only a dream.
I hope you wrong. LOL. I love Honda, and I personally think they will keep making performance car and stick to there roots.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts