Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no justice like mob justice. Then again, we're sure you'll have a different opinion of the car "thief" in this video once you hear all the facts.

At the annual Northwest Region Spring Meet for Honda-Tech owners things got very out of hand when someone hopped into a CRX and tried to drive off. The owner of the car just so happened to see it happen, however, and a crowd quickly formed to enact some swift retribution on the alleged thief, who appears to have taken quite a beating while refusing to leave the driver's seat of the ZC-swapped CRX.

As it turns out, there's more to this story than just "get outta my f*cking car". The alleged thief attempted to drive off because he had the keys. How did he get the keys? Well the driver didn't leave them behind, nor did he pay off the guy at the local dealer to make him a spare set (Gone in 60 Seconds reference). No, he had his own set... because the CRX is question actually belongs to him. He even has the registration to prove it.

According to pieced together forum chatter, the rightful owner of the car actually had it stolen from him recently. Then the thief traded it to the foul-mouthed young woman for her DA (1989-93) 4-door Integra, who then took possession of the vehicle without any registration and had been driving the stolen car. Knowing the type of owner a vehicle like this would attract, our car "thief" wisely assumed there was a good chance it would show up at a Honda-Tech meet.

Watch the videos below and see for yourself how it all goes down. But a warning, not safe for work language.
Honda-Tech Meet Turns Ugly as ‘Thief’ Caught Trying to Steal a CRX [Video] | AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
damn that is so unfortunate for that guy. What kind of person doesn't know about pinkslips...

First person to quote the fast and the furious wins a cookie.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
No wonder the Honda/Acura name is associated with riceboys. Look at the people that show up to these meets, and the "heroes" that try to beat the actual owner. Some people just have no common sense...

The owner should've called the cops instead of jumping into the car like that.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
No wonder the Honda/Acura name is associated with riceboys. Look at the people that show up to these meets, and the "heroes" that try to beat the actual owner. Some people just have no common sense...

The owner should've called the cops instead of jumping into the car like that.
Werd, the import scene in general is full of too many little wanna be thugs wearing flat billed caps with the reflector sticker still on them.

Its honestly part of the reason I'm selling my TSX, the scene around here is so lame and Im sick of getting mean mugged and ricer fly byed from little kids in civics.

I heard one intelligent person in the background yell just wait for the cops when those dumb asses started punching the dude when they probably didn't even know that girl. And now that they're on tape the guy could press assault charges if he wanted to. The rightful owner messed up too though, he should of called the cops himself instead of trying to drive off in the car.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
^ I hear you, Ever since I lowered my car I've been getting looks from other "ricers" and it bugs me, mostly kids thinking they're fast when they're not. I knew its going to happen from the day I modded the car so I just gotta deal with it and ignore it. That's why I minimize aesthetic mods as light as possible to not get attention. Lately, I've been thinking of selling my car too, but I only have a year left of payments so might as well keep.

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
sucks.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
man i get grilled all the time...but i ignore it.... i dont even tell people where i live at....but it is what it is...it come with the territory when you got a nice car that everyone envies....

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Anyone know the outcome? I assume the original owner got his car back.

How did the girl even get a key for the car? Did the thief have a key when it was originally stolen?

·
Theo
667 Posts
Anyone know the outcome? I assume the original owner got his car back.

How did the girl even get a key for the car? Did the thief have a key when it was originally stolen?
dang i really want to know the outcome, the circumstances do suck though, so his car was stolen and he held on to spare keys he probably had, then it was sold to this girl and she didnt file the papers for the car? so shes driving a stolen car?

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Werd, the import scene in general is full of too many little wanna be thugs wearing flat billed caps with the reflector sticker still on them.

Its honestly part of the reason I'm selling my TSX, the scene around here is so lame and Im sick of getting mean mugged and ricer fly byed from little kids in civics.

I heard one intelligent person in the background yell just wait for the cops when those dumb asses started punching the dude when they probably didn't even know that girl. And now that they're on tape the guy could press assault charges if he wanted to. The rightful owner messed up too though, he should of called the cops himself instead of trying to drive off in the car.
Quoting for truth. There's a reason why I like you Chris. :laugh:

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
I read the story on another forum. Apparently the dude did call the cops before jumping into the car. Basically he asked them if it was ok to get back his car by driving it out and the cops said yes. He got in, bitch started squealing, dudes started punching. Guy drove off in his car. Apparently the guys who threw punches got charged with assault? In the end, I think he just wanted the motor back so gave her the rest of the car.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts

I didnt wanna say anything about the hats and dress code since im not sure if its a trend in the US. I couldnt agree more with you inked. I just hate being associated with these people that respond via their testosterone and not from thinking. Barbaric and prehistoric way of behaviour if you ask me...seems like some people obviously havent evolved equally when it comes to the human evolution!

Werd about the import scene. There are too many try-hards that need to proove to others their worth. Its just embarrassing to see the honda/acura name being tarnished further by these sorts of people.

I read the story on another forum. Apparently the dude did call the cops before jumping into the car. Basically he asked them if it was ok to get back his car by driving it out and the cops said yes. He got in, bitch started squealing, dudes started punching. Guy drove off in his car. Apparently the guys who threw punches got charged with assault? In the end, I think he just wanted the motor back so gave her the rest of the car.
At least the poor kid did have a good thought process by calling the cops first.
I damn hope the guys that threw punches got assault charges....WAIT, also give them a heroes award to make them feel better. Since they dont have much of a brain anyways, it will probably nullify the negative effect of the legal charges :dunno:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
in my pov, it seems like the community that has older model hondas have the most drama.
Now that you mentioned that... I guess you're right. It's probably because they are so cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Come on kids, have some class.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
man i get grilled all the time...but i ignore it.... i dont even tell people where i live at....but it is what it is...it come with the territory when you got a nice car that everyone envies....
I ignore it too, just wish I didn't have to worry every time I parked my car in a public lot that some punk ass kid could key my paint.

Im really surprised the cops told him to drive off in his car. First of all he could of been seriously injured, good thing he stayed in the car because those idiots would of jumped him. And secondly wouldn't you think the cops would want to confront the girl who had his car in the first place.

in my pov, it seems like the community that has older model hondas have the most drama.
True, sad thing is TSX's are becoming more and more affordable so your going to start seeing more children with ego problems driving them.

I didnt wanna say anything about the hats and dress code since im not sure if its a trend in the US. I couldnt agree more with you inked.
Its the trend in the US if your between the ages of 15-20 and/or if your a rap star.

Quoting for truth. There's a reason why I like you Chris. :laugh:
:naughty:

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
i dislike ricers and people who associate with them...lol... but like above mentioned this kids now a day have no way of thinking other than to be wanna be gangsta...lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts