Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh, but other than an engine swap it can't simply be the Honda w/ different badges and a higher sticker

·
Registered
7 Posts
TSX has 17" wheels, heated front seats, Acura premium sound 360-watts and 8 speakers, Xenon high-intensity discharge headlights, vehicle stability control (VSA), side curtain air bags, drive by-wire throttle system, automatic day/night view mirror, 6 speed manual or 5-speed auto with sequential sportshift, and 4 years/ 50k mile warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, nice. I WANT!

What later models will get that I wont:
Memory seats
Lighted steering wheel controls
One touch sunroof controls
power passenger seat
better speakers

What else is needed
Better turning radius

Well this is what I gathered from reading up on the car

G

·
Trungmd said:
TSX has 17" wheels, heated front seats, Acura premium sound 360-watts and 8 speakers, Xenon high-intensity discharge headlights, vehicle stability control (VSA), side curtain air bags, drive by-wire throttle system, automatic day/night view mirror, 6 speed manual or 5-speed auto with sequential sportshift, and 4 years/ 50k mile warranty.

Guess what - the European and JDM accords have all of those!! All honda did was slap the Acura name badge on it, drop a higher powered engine in it, and then sold it as a new flavour to North Americans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
rbloedow said:
Guess what - the European and JDM accords have all of those!! All honda did was slap the Acura name badge on it, drop a higher powered engine in it, and then sold it as a new flavour to North Americans.
Umm, I don't think that's completely true. The stereo system, seats, center console, gauges (in fact the whole dashboard) are unique to Acura. On top of that the warranty coverage is longer/more comprehensive on the Acura, although one could argue that you might never need it. I think the Sportshift Auto is unique to the Acura as well.

With that said, it is essentially just what you say, a rebadged Euro Accord, but there are quite a few minor differences.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only thing the TSX has in common with Hondas is that it has the European Accord body. The rest is made by Acura. I know Acura is owned by Honda. There still a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts