Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the hondata ecu in the makes for the tsx? When its going to be out, price, or estimated gains from it? Thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I suggest you drop an email to Hondata for an official response. There is one for the K20a but not the K24a at this stage.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, will do, ill post the response if i get it any time soon.

H

·
0 Posts
damn its hard trying to read ur post with such an avatar!!!!

nice car btw :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its a few months out from what I know.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
from i kno is .... it wont come out this yr and nor the begining or next yr ... ~~
it's still far from compelete .. ~ ~maybe the drive by wire thing is too tough for such ECU ~

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah looks like your right andy. Got this email back from Hondata. So informative....

It may be some time before any ecu options are available for the TSX. Check our website from time to time for updates.

Hondata Inc.
386 Beech Ave
Unit B-2
Torrance, CA 90501
310.782.6383 FAX
http://www.hondata.com

Z

·
0 Posts
To get a decent indication of how your new powergraph might look, try page 61 of the oct 04 honda tuning. It's a K24A1 with a K20A2 head(very similar to the TSX engine), Type R cams and a Hondata ECU. This isn't the final word in ECU tuning for it, just a ball park figure. From the graph I'm seeing 185hp at 7100-7200 and 153 lb-ft at 4700-5200 rpm(being compared to an RSX at 165 and 122, respectively). oh yeah BTW, this is my first post, please try and keep the flaming down to a minimum, thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ze_beeved said:
To get a decent indication of how your new powergraph might look, try page 61 of the oct 04 honda tuning. It's a K24A1 with a K20A2 head(very similar to the TSX engine), Type R cams and a Hondata ECU. This isn't the final word in ECU tuning for it, just a ball park figure. From the graph I'm seeing 185hp at 7100-7200 and 153 lb-ft at 4700-5200 rpm(being compared to an RSX at 165 and 122, respectively). oh yeah BTW, this is my first post, please try and keep the flaming down to a minimum, thanks
well .. first someone had tired the Type-R cam .. it wont fit on TSX...
second .. ~ TSX's head is almost the same or even the same as the K20A2's
no pnt for changing the head or if u wanna take off the DBW system .. ~
and last ... 185hp? dyno ? is not too impressed ~ a simple bolt on I/H/E + hondata gasket can get u the same power .... around 183whp ....
but well.... u using a K24A1 as base .... it's different story anyway .. ~
and the most improtant pnt is .... it's still a long way till the ECU come out ~

K

·
0 Posts
You can get a K-Pro for your TSX from Honda and have that tuned. Also to eliminate the throttle by wire all you have to do is swap the TSX throttle body for a Accord throttle body since it comes from a K24 also and doesnt use the TBW.

·
Boost = TSX's best friend
53 Posts
I think we all need to start "BUGGING THE HELL" out of Hondata so they come out with the K-Pro for the TSX soon. I think if all of us on here that want it bad enough and bug Hondata enough, it should expediate the release quite tremendously. Hondata needs to be convinced that there is a market for the K-Pro in the TSX community. I don't know, what do you think?

My Wish List:
- Custom Turbo Kit
- Hondata K-Pro
- RC 500cc injectors
- A real good clutch

:tribe:

·
scheisse passiert
59 Posts
There was a reader that wrote in to Honda Tuning in one of the fall issues, asking about a reflash for the TSX. A rep from Hondata replied, and said that they would have something shortly after the start of the new year(which would be.....now), but they might have been blowing smoke up his behind.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Noel said:
Hondata you mean? And has any TSXs actually done this?
by far ppl have done is swap a RSX TypeS K20A2 head on to a TSX k24A2 on a base RSX DC5 5MT ~
therefore, this dude can hook the Hondata ECU by using the K20A2 head
and putting out a pretty impressive 19x~200whp with minor modification ~

J

·
0 Posts
Its not just the tsx owners...its also the k24a2 owners or ppl planning on doin the swap.....im really hoping they come out with it within this year!!!...i plan on doin a k24a2 swap in a civic cx....but i also want to keep the throttle by wire since i think its a very advanced sporty system....but that might bring abs problems.....so i might have to get the coupe instead of the hatch...anywayz we shall c....we should seriously force them to work on that ecu reflash/k-pro

great forum by the way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts