Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know how to title this but I recently did a hondata gasket install I did drain a little coolant but not alot since I just did the flush not to long ago, wish I had the gasket then. Anyways to the question when I was removing the injector base to take out the gasket, lets say about three eye drops worth of a size of coolant went into the engine close to where the coolant is located. Should I get worry about it after install everything looks good I refilled the coolant check for any leaks and also smoke and no engine codes.

Any advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
You don't have anything to worry about. You can start your engine without any damage. I think I dropped a little more than that and did not suffer any damage or ill effects. The coolant just burns up and the remnants all exhaust out.

If you had more than enter your engine then you might notice some white exhaust smoke and a possible sweet smell but it won't damage your engine as long as it's a one time thing.

It's only a concern if it's continuous such as a coolant leak within your engine (i.e. blown gasket, cracked/warped block, etc.). Crank it up and enjoy your mod.

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't have anything to worry about. You can start your engine without any damage. I think I dropped a little more than that and did not suffer any damage or ill effects. The coolant just burns up and the remnants all exhaust out.

If you had more than enter your engine then you might notice some white exhaust smoke and a possible sweet smell but it won't damage your engine as long as it's a one time thing.

It's only a concern if it's continuous such as a coolant leak within your engine (i.e. blown gasket, cracked/warped block, etc.). Crank it up and enjoy your mod.
okay. that sound great. i know that it wasnt much at and i knew that it would burn up. but i did do all my checks and notice no continued leaking from the block, or white smoke, i guess i just have to wait and drive it and see how it does.

thanks Litespeed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.