Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hondata:

Over the course of the last couple of months I've made several calls to inquire as to whether the second gen TSX owners can expect product support.

More specifically, I'm speaking to the '11-12/13 MY TSX community, as there's already product for '09-10 MY TSX.

Every time I call, I get the same ".... check our website for updates."

What I'm asking Hondata is for a CLEAR answer, one way or the other - that's it.

Best,

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
yup. there is flash pro for 09-10. i think the ecu is a tad bit different in the 11-12, but i think it shouldn't be TOO different right?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Youd be very surprised these cars change alot through the years, keep in mind here that hondata is very tight lipped.

-You have a very new car, it takes time for the aftermarket to come out(R&D testing ect).

-Hondata isnt going to release any info until they have a 100% production ready version. They do not want to rush will making a product and they will not rush.

Im sure it will come out but it could take awhile maybe even a year or two. Dont bother calling them they wont say anything.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
tottenham12712 is correct about Hondata being very tight lipped and will not release any information until it's 100% deploy-able. The 07-08 guys were making a huge interest list for reflash. A lot of people asked Hondata directly and no solid information were given. Hondata gave us absolutely no update and then out of nowhere BAM!!!, FlashPro was released for the 07-08 TSX

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^

I hear that, thanks for the response!

What this really boils down to is: I called Hondata, same day I created this thread, and was told "... the second gen TSX community doesn't have enough interest for us to develop products."

Which was odd, because both on here and *********, there's plenty of interest. That's not even mentioning the Flashpro for the '09-10 MY TSX.. :laugh:

I even offered to link threads, or create as necessary, demonstrating a reasonalble amount of interest (11-12/13 MY TSX).

The rep, who was incredibly rude, always reverted back to a lack of interest - regardless of anything I said.

I could've said: "You possess terrible customer service skills" and he would've responded, "...there's not enough interest."

It's a simple question with a simple answer, shouldn't be hard for Hondata!

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
^^ There support is useless, They make great products but its almost as if they never want to be bothered. Which sucks, especially when you have a problem or a concern. Sometimes you can call and the damn phone will ring for hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ There support is useless, They make great products but its almost as if they never want to be bothered.
They do make great products, but service... I won't even start. :puke:

It's only been two days since I posted this thread, but there's clearly no response from Hondata. I assumed we'd see a response sooner; I advised them I'd be posting on the forum.

They sponsor this forum, in particular, yet are unable to post... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
They do make great products, but service... I won't even start. :puke:

It's only been two days since I posted this thread, but there's clearly no response from Hondata. I assumed we'd see a response sooner; I advised them I'd be posting on the forum.

They sponsor this forum, in particular, yet are unable to post... :laugh:
Keep this in mind... EG, EK, EJ, EH, EM, EU, EP, CL, CU I can keep going if youd like? :p

Point is how many hondas run something from hondata? How many fourms are there for each car? Its alot of work, and money to pay someone to browse forums all day. It will most likely happen, when? Your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
haha just let it go and wait, there are plenty of other mods you can do for gains :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
As awesome as it is, until i have forced induction i wont buy it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.