Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I've done a JDM swap into my car and i was wondering if anyone here has the hondata reflash paired up with it. My questions are: will it be compatible with my motor and if I purchase a reflash from another user; do I have to go to the dealership and have them reprogram my immobilizer?

Thanks for checking this out!

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you are talking about a K24A replacement engine, yes the Hondata reflash is compatible, I had the reflash before replacement and am still using it now with a K24A. As far as buying an ECU secondhand, unless the immobilizer has been disabled I believe you will need to have someone flash the ECU to your immobilizer and key.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are talking about a K24A replacement engine, yes the Hondata reflash is compatible, I had the reflash before replacement and am still using it now with a K24A. As far as buying an ECU secondhand, unless the immobilizer has been disabled I believe you will need to have someone flash the ECU to your immobilizer and key.
Thanks for replying back Shadalo. Any noticeable signs of improvement with those two paired? As for the ecu, I'll look more into it and go from there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for replying back Shadalo. Any noticeable signs of improvement with those two paired? As for the ecu, I'll look more into it and go from there.
Improvement against the K24A2/Hondata pair? I don't think there is any major difference between the two engines. The major improvement I noticed from the engine swap was due to not having a tired engine with a stretched timing chain that ate a quart of oil every 800 miles. As I understand, the correct (3 lobe) K24A is exactly the same engine as the early K24A2.

If you want to get around immobilizer issues you may want to contact Serge bo regarding his reflash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Improvement against the K24A2/Hondata pair? I don't think there is any major difference between the two engines. The major improvement I noticed from the engine swap was due to not having a tired engine with a stretched timing chain that ate a quart of oil every 800 miles. As I understand, the correct (3 lobe) K24A is exactly the same engine as the early K24A2.

If you want to get around immobilizer issues you may want to contact Serge bo regarding his reflash.
Alright, looks like I'll purchase the reflash and see what it feels like for myself. If I do come across any issue regarding the immobilizer, I'll contact Serge Bo. Thanks again for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts