Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you run a chip and the reflash or is the reflash taking the place of a chip? Any other tips on increasing the performance on my 05 tsx is greatly appreciated.

·
HONDATA FTW!
518 Posts
Welcome to the forum man! I just got my reflash, and i can tell you on behalf of just about anybody on here, its one of, if not THE best bang for your buck mod that you can do. As far as chips go... i dont know much about that. But if it has to do with reprogramming the ECU, I'd say Hondata is the company to go with.

Where you located man?

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
there is no 'chip.' you can either reflash the ecu or get the dual ecu k-pro assuming you own an 04-06. those are the only reliable tuning/ecu options for the TSX.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
yeah I always thought of the reflash as the 'chip' for the tsx, a lot of euros can be 'chipped' which basically reconfigures the ecu anyway i think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys, sorry to thread jack, but...

I'm thinking of selling my 04 6mt and replacing it with something that's more kick in the pants. i'm wondering if the reflash will add enough balls to my car for me to think about keeping it.

do you think that it could outpace an is300 5mt after the reflash?

·
Last hand... ALL IN!!!
1,884 Posts
^ There has been plenty of praise about the reflash ECU... Drove a 5AT and a 6MT (with some other work done) that has been flashed and it does make a pretty good difference... Worth giving it a shot I think... :)

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
hey guys, sorry to thread jack, but...

I'm thinking of selling my 04 6mt and replacing it with something that's more kick in the pants. i'm wondering if the reflash will add enough balls to my car for me to think about keeping it.

do you think that it could outpace an is300 5mt after the reflash?
why does it matter what kind of car it outpaces? are you planning to street race? if you want to win races on the highway, you bought the wrong car.

if you want to feel what it's like, why not see if someone locally has the reflash?

·
Clean n' Simple
769 Posts
Good reviews means a must! So ima have to get Hondata Reflash soon :nod:

·
Registered
14 Posts
well i'm wondering about the reflash because i'm thinking of getting a 5mt is300 to replace my sporty tsx sedan. i've rode in one before, but never had the chance of driving it. also, i feel like an idiot for not doing my research before i had bought the TSX only later to find out that i can't do anything to the stereo without dropping big bucks, and the lack of a turbo option (without dropping big bucks).

i've always been a fan of honda and their amazing four bangers, not to mention the ungodly idea of vtec, but i've recently fell in love with the 2jz (specifically the 2jz-gte).

·
Last hand... ALL IN!!!
1,884 Posts
well i'm wondering about the reflash because i'm thinking of getting a 5mt is300 to replace my sporty tsx sedan. i've rode in one before, but never had the chance of driving it. also, i feel like an idiot for not doing my research before i had bought the TSX only later to find out that i can't do anything to the stereo without dropping big bucks, and the lack of a turbo option (without dropping big bucks).

i've always been a fan of honda and their amazing four bangers, not to mention the ungodly idea of vtec, but i've recently fell in love with the 2jz (specifically the 2jz-gte).
Did you know the 2JZ-GE in the IS300 is TOTALLY different from a 2JZ-GTE in a Supra? Just adding a turbo to the 2JZ-GE doesnt make it a 2JZ-GTE... Alot of people make this mistake because the engine code is similar but they are TOTALLY different engines... Why do I know this fact? I was about to buy a IS300 as a project car a few years back... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
for the record, i had the same idea for a project car where id do a swap so i don't have to worry about buying forged this and forged that, but if anything, that's way down the line. The GTE engine is pretty much bullet proof, so that's why i've fallen in love with it.

i'm mainly interested in the is300 because it's decently luxury, somewhat sporty, has 4-doors, and it's japanese, which are all the traits of the TSX as well.

i'm just wondering if a tsx with reflash will be able to outpace an is300

i'm thinking of going back to RWD because i really miss my old e30 325, but if i can get enough juice out of the TSX, it might be a keeper.

i'm just looking into a daily driver with some heart.

·
Last hand... ALL IN!!!
1,884 Posts
2JZ-GTE swapped IS300 was what I was shooting for also... The only thing that sucks is if you want to keep the stock turbo, the JDM blades on the turbo are ceramic while the USDM ones are made out of steel... I heard its very hard to acquire the steel bladed turbo's because there werent alot of supra's released in the US... OR you can just upgrade to a bigger turbo and not worry about this at all...

SORRY for going off topic... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts