Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Anyone know a shop where i can get my ECU reflashed? Trying to get this done asap!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Only one I know of is White Automotive. But all they are going to do is pull the Ecu and ship it to hondata. Not to mention they don't specialize in Hondas. Why not just do it yourself?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one I know of is White Automotive. But all they are going to do is pull the Ecu and ship it to hondata. Not to mention they don't specialize in Hondas. Why not just do it yourself?

Dont i need my keys to be syncd? Aslo i dont know if Hondata will let me send my ECU. I call this shop AJ performance and they want $380 and that doesnt include the shipping (i think its a rape price ) the website say $295 for the reflash

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yea that sounds like a sloth rape. Wait for others to answer but the way I understand it you send them your Ecu and they reflash it and send it back that day.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
You remove the ECU, immobilizer unit, and 1 key. Send it to an authorized hondata dealer and they ship it directly to hondata. I had mine done at Church's automotive in Southern California. They are one of the closest dealers to Hondata.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You remove the ECU, immobilizer unit, and 1 key. Send it to an authorized hondata dealer and they ship it directly to hondata. I had mine done at Church's automotive in Southern California. They are one of the closest dealers to Hondata.

How much did it run you?

·
5,412 Posts
I drove it down to them since I live in California. It was 295 and they threw in a couple licence plate frames and stickers for free.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drove it down to them since I live in California. It was 295 and they threw in a couple licence plate frames and stickers for free.
Found a shop in orlando that will ship it for me and stuff. $295 + 40 bucks next day air. I am going to take the ECU out this weekend and send it over!

So excited

·
Registered
119 Posts
considering you now have flashpro as an option i wouldn't even consider a reflash. you spend nearly double the amount for flashpro but you can flash it over and over as you go on adding modifications. the reflash is a generic canned tune and it will run ok but nothing beats a custom tailored calibration.

·
5,412 Posts
considering you now have flashpro as an option i wouldn't even consider a reflash. you spend nearly double the amount for flashpro but you can flash it over and over as you go on adding modifications. the reflash is a generic canned tune and it will run ok but nothing beats a custom tailored calibration.
cars that are NOT 07-08 will need to get a 07-08 ECU IIRC.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude go to corsportusa.com they sel the reflash there they email you the form you need and everything. you DIY. AJ performance is BS they had told me they didnt even know it exsisted when i did it 2 years ago. do it yourself save the 40. it takes 1 week, 2 days to get there 2 days back.

** CorSport: Hondata
Thanks bro but i am doing the same process. Also on that site they dont have it for 05 AT TSX

·
-
1,622 Posts
Thanks bro but i am doing the same process. Also on that site they dont have it for 05 AT TSX

Lol, stop posting and please read the www.Hondata.com website from top to bottom. All the information you need is there...

·
Registered
119 Posts
cars that are NOT 07-08 will need to get a 07-08 ECU IIRC.
that's why i had said double the price. a reflash goes for $350-400. A used ecu and flashpro can be had anywhere between 800-1000.

·
5,412 Posts
that's why i had said double the price. a reflash goes for $350-400. A used ecu and flashpro can be had anywhere between 800-1000.
I was just stating that an ECU will need to be purchased.

Info from Hondata.com:
Flashpro = $695 + cost of 07-08 ECU (retails $610 new from stealership) + $50 adapter kit 04-06 + cost to pair keys/immobilizer to new ecu (not sure about this one)
Reflash = $295 +shipping

If my math is right and we assume a used ecu can be had for 200, that's at least 3x the cost of the reflash, not including the potential cost of pairing the new ecu to keys and immobilizer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts