Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from Hondata reflash, I must say like everyone else before me, this is an awesome upgrade! I use my car daily driving A LOT. Overall power seems pitiful on my ride, but maybe it's due to high mileage? Still, night and day difference in drivability.

'04 manual
160k miles

went from 170 peak hp to 175. :laugh:

Got the newer $295 deal on the reflash :)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
For $300 it's a no brainer. Congrats

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
5 hp peak if I read correctly. The reflash is felt everywhere under peak. It rocks. Can't wait to see what Ktuned's kpro will feel like.

·
Tofu
74 Posts
Congrats! That makes two of us!

·
-
1,562 Posts
so u only got 5 hp from the reflash?

Congrats BTW

If you analyze the Hondata reflash dyno charts, the reflash is NOT for HP gain.
It's main purpose is to move the Vtec point from 6000 rpm to approx 5000 rpm which greatly flattens out the torque curve.

As you know from your car the stock TSX is a dog below 6000 rpm. But after the reflash the car comes alive at 5000 rpm making it much easier to drive agressively & stay in the powerband.

Hondata Reflash - 2004-05 TSX

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Just got my car back from Hondata reflash, I must say like everyone else before me, this is an awesome upgrade! I use my car daily driving A LOT. Overall power seems pitiful on my ride, but maybe it's due to high mileage? Still, night and day difference in drivability.

'04 manual
160k miles

went from 170 peak hp to 175. :laugh:

Got the newer $295 deal on the reflash :)
no, its because you dont have a 2006.... lol congrats on the mod by the way! it shouldve came like this stock IMO

·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the dyno chart for anyone interested:

I love the gains around 6k, and torque everywhere is so much better.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Yeah, it's not peak HP that matters, it's the total "area under the curve". Anyone remember calculus? *shudder*.
The Hondata "area under the curve" is much greater than stock "area under the curve", mainly between 5000 and 7000rpm -- the "fun zone". :)
If you are looking for peak, you're looking for the wrong thing.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts

·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No issues with CEL.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Grats on the reflash.

As for high-mileage power, regular maintenance should keep 'er running at top notch. Im rubbing 180k and still pulling strong.

·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone, car is a completely more enjoyable experience now. Awoc, post up your dyno after install if u can.

·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As an update, my MPG has increased from averaging 24-25 combined, to 27 consistently! Great ROI on this mod, as well as power increase ^_^

1 - 20 of 151 Posts