Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my re-flash done about a month ago...

The car feels great, it's more responsive and you can feel the difference. The fuel economy has not suffered (I thought it would) since I have had it. The only other engine mod is a cold air intake that was installed before the re-flash.

For the price, I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great "bang for your buck" mod.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,074 Posts
How much was the re-flash and down time ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid just over $300 because I wanted the over night return shipping which in hind sight was smart because otherwise the return shipping would have taken three days. I sent it out on a Wednesday (over night shipping) and requested it back on the following Monday. They said I could have had it back on Friday but I wasn't in town.

So, to answer your question, my down time was from Wednesday morning @ 10 am to Monday 11 am.

Since you would be shipping to Cali, I don't know that I would do overnight if I was you.

I called Hondata to ask some questions and to verify the dealer I was going to use. Their staff was above and beyond amazing and the dealer I used was awesome. You can use any dealer you want if you ship directly to Hondata and back.

The re flash is optimized for the I/H/E mods but will work great on a completely stock car, too. I have to keep this car "tasteful" and minimum since my CRX and Integras were over the top so this was perfect for me!

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,074 Posts
Nice and thanks for posing the info !

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am thinking of getting the hondata flashpro as well. I have a injen cold air intake. Is it really worth it? My tsx is 2012 SE. Im worried how it would be long term with the tune. I commute like 4 hours a day.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
I am thinking of getting the hondata flashpro as well. I have a injen cold air intake. Is it really worth it? My tsx is 2012 SE. Im worried how it would be long term with the tune. I commute like 4 hours a day.
The Hondata Reflash & Hondata FlashPro are 2 different things.

To answer your question. The Hondata FlashPro would not be worth it for your particular setup of just a CAI. Unless you intend to do more "hardcore" things down the road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am planning on installing an exhaust and headers...which would be the more safer or better for performance? the reflash or flash pro?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts