Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate how long the down time is for a reflash so if somebody is selling or willing to trade their 04 AT TSX reflashed ecu, lmk. i can put cash on my part of course.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Down time is only a few days. Worth it!
I know. I keep reading this is the best bang for buck mod. I just did flp cat on my 04 auto and it made a huge difference up top along with a topspeed header. My low end has somewhat lost a bit so im looking to see if the reflash can relieve this a bit. and 5k vtec won't hurt either :)

Its not worth trading, you'd need their immobiliser and another key made
Can the dealer program the reflashed ecu to my imm + key? When my ecu died, i just bought an ecu, no immobilizer or key. Had a buddy (head honda tech) just program it to my imm + key and done. But now im wondering if this would also work with a reflashed ecu. hmm

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
Usually when you take the car to the dealer and the mess with the ecu. If they don't know it's flashed or your sticker isn't on. The flash it back to stock. Heard of it done before. Easy just to send it in. Send it out Monday morning. Recieve it weds/Thursday at the latest.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Usually when you take the car to the dealer and the mess with the ecu. If they don't know it's flashed or your sticker isn't on. The flash it back to stock. Heard of it done before. Easy just to send it in. Send it out Monday morning. Recieve it weds/Thursday at the latest.
Well when we programmed the previous one it was at his house with his Honda equipment. and the guy is very knowledgeable. I guess I'd have to ask him if it can be reprogrammed without wiping hondata

·
Registered
10 Posts
The hondata program has nothing to do with pairing the new ecu to the immobilizer. I have kpro in my rsx and had it paired to my original immobilizer and key and didn't tell them anything and nothing in kpro got touched. Still got my tune

David is right, if you don't want down time your gonna have to pay at least 100 to have the new ecu paired. better off taking the bus for 5 days most. You don't have to have another key made though that automatically gets programmed with the ecu when the key is in the ignition

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.