Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really confused. I just got a new car and my friend just got his A4 and we are looking to buy stuff to keep our cars looking nice. Alot of these new kits have wash, cleaner, then protectant.

For example, this kit. Uh, where is the wax? You wash, polish, and protect. Where is the jar of thick wax? Am I supposed to assume the polish bottle is the wax?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Look at the step Paint Protection - Lock in the Shine

There are two ways to protect your car's paint: one is your traditional (thick, as you call it) wax. These usually contain Carnuba.

The other one is a sealant. These are liquid, sometimes have the same consistency as water. Sealants usually contain synthetic polymers, acrylic or other chemical marvels. They are also more durable than Carnuba-based waxes.

Many argue that sealants produce somewhat plasticky look, while waxes give a deep, warm look. It all depends on on which product is used (there are many sealants, just like there are many waxes), surface preparation and one's preferences.

So in the kit you pointed out look at BLACKFIRE All Finish Paint Protection . That's your "wax". And don't be surprised that it's in a bottle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts