Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i installed my DEPO headlights i buy from heeltoe today, and i am wondering how can i align them? This is what they look like now.. my fog bulbs are still stock bulbs and thats why they look yellowish..

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also have the Depo Euro R Head Lights but I took them out. I'm very picky when it comes to the cut-off on my lights. I did manage to get it a little better but I really just like to have a perfect straight line through. I dont think with these you can straighten them as good unless you chance the projector lense which is a pain because I tried to put the stock lense on but it wont fit the depo one's must have something a little different. Lights do look good on the car though I have to say.

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only priblem i got its i get condensation on both headlights, but it only last for a few.. it comes and goes really quick so im like WTF... i left a voicemail at heeltoe, but htey havent contacted me back yet.. and ussually they contact me back pretty fast.. ill call again soon, but i have been very busy this week..

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
When you installed your OEM ballast on the depo lights, does it fit perfectly?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
dats a negative ghost rider
I think that's the reason why you're getting condensation. The OEM ballast are made to fit tight under the headlight. If there's space for air to go into the headlight, you'll get condensation. The depot light are made to fit 04-05 ballasts, which are bigger than 06-08. Since you have an 08, it isn't a direct fit. Try fabricating something to make it air tight.

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that's the reason why you're getting condensation. The OEM ballast are made to fit tight under the headlight. If there's space for air to go into the headlight, you'll get condensation. The depot light are made to fit 04-05 ballasts, which are bigger than 06-08. Since you have an 08, it isn't a direct fit. Try fabricating something to make it air tight.
if i buy 04-05 ballast would that work? cuz i tried some ballast idk if they were 04-05, my buddy who gave em to me owns an 05 tsx but they kept blowing the fuse

·
Registered
360 Posts
if i buy 04-05 ballast would that work? cuz i tried some ballast idk if they were 04-05, my buddy who gave em to me owns an 05 tsx but they kept blowing the fuse
What EuroRSpec and I did was cut some of that black plastic off where the ballast is supposed to sit. It fits nice and snug now!

Still hate that 3 level cutoff of the headlight though...

·
Registered
317 Posts
For the guys that have purchased this DEPO headlight.
Just need to now how good is the headlight-bean cut off is?
Do the cut-off come close to the OEM ones?
How good is the light-out ie projectors on these compare to the OEM?
I am temped to buy a set, but if the projectors don't come close then I'll just save and hopefully buy the JDM ones. Thanks. Almost there just need a couple hundreds more!!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
u got pics?
Sorry, didn't take pics of the install. But I'll try to describe it best I can...

If you look at the hole where the ballast is supposed to sit, it's kinda like two-levels if I remember correctly. We totally shaved the level that's closest to the projector (also farthest from you while looking at it). We just kept cutting and trimming in a circular pattern until the ballast sat flush.

For the guys that have purchased this DEPO headlight.
Just need to now how good is the headlight-bean cut off is?
Do the cut-off come close to the OEM ones?
How good is the light-out ie projectors on these compare to the OEM?
I am temped to buy a set, but if the projectors don't come close then I'll just save and hopefully buy the JDM ones. Thanks. Almost there just need a couple hundreds more!!!!
The cutoff is just like the pics OP posted up, where it's on the stone wall. It's three steps, starting from low on the left to highest on right. I installed DDM Tuning 6000k bulbs (compared to stock)when I put these DEPO lights in, and I was disappointed. Maybe it was the DDM Tuning bulbs themselves, but light output was diminished in my opinion (maybe I just can't see). I'm not willing to dish out $1k for the lights, but if you're willing to...by all means.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry, didn't take pics of the install. But I'll try to describe it best I can...

If you look at the hole where the ballast is supposed to sit, it's kinda like two-levels if I remember correctly. We totally shaved the level that's closest to the projector (also farthest from you while looking at it). We just kept cutting and trimming in a circular pattern until the ballast sat flush.

The cutoff is just like the pics OP posted up, where it's on the stone wall. It's three steps, starting from low on the left to highest on right. I installed DDM Tuning 6000k bulbs (compared to stock)when I put these DEPO lights in, and I was disappointed. Maybe it was the DDM Tuning bulbs themselves, but light output was diminished in my opinion (maybe I just can't see). I'm not willing to dish out $1k for the lights, but if you're willing to...by all means.
can the 3 step cut-off be adjusted? Or is that the best it can be?

·
Registered
360 Posts
can the 3 step cut-off be adjusted? Or is that the best it can be?
Tried adjusting it last night in some light rain...So, from what I experimented with...each headlight actually has a two step cut-off. Best I could do was adjust the lights so it looked somewhat like ____---- ____----. I made it look a little better than that, but its not possible to not get any step.... Good thing the blue corners look nice =\. Will probably try again tonight if it's not raining too hard. See if I can make it better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts