Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
im about to be in mechanics class in school. im in pretty good standings with the teacher, so i can do pretty much whatever i like. i prefer working on my own cars and recieving marks.
for the first week, im planning on taking off my front bumper, cleaning out some stuff, and i am going to put my intake into SRI mode, and i would like to replace my cone as well in the process. where do i buy the right cone? im in canada and would like it ASAP. also, does anyone remember where to get some good bumper removal instructions?
when i am done, i would like to clean my engine bay for once. i have pressure washers and stuff avalable, or i can bring the proper stuff, what should i use and how, to do a nice clean up?

summary:
How do i get the bumper off?
where can i get a Injen intake cone?
how should i clean my engine bay

Thanks in advance,
TSX Cman

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

injen CAI mainly use the K&N filter .. ~
u can either order the filter from injen or buy a K&N cone filter ..
Good luck ~

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they do use th eK&N, i was wondering if there was a size, model, or model ID that i need to know
thanks alot so far, that was good

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
np ... well i only kno the part # for my K&N CAI's cone filter .. ~
i have no ide aif it will fit the Injen or not .. ~
however... u might wanna buy the K&N cleaning kit to clean the filter
well .. i dont think u have to replcae it ..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not a problem Noel. I've got mine sitting at home in it's box. I'm just itching for my intake and other "goodies" to arrive so I can install it! :greenboun

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you wanted to clean your engine bay and have it extremely nice. See if any of the local automotive stores have something called CD2 Engine Cleaner/Detailer. That stuff is the shit and you'll be impressed with the outcome when you're all done. I used to use it all the time on the Civic when I entered it into Car Shows.

-Jimmy

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Matell said:
Pay a little extra and get a BMC Double cone filter as Noel suggested a few weeks ago in the Engine/Performance section.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3326

:nod:
well i located a BMC filter, the guy watned 116$ CDN for it plus 20$ to ship it from edmonton to calgary ( a 40 minute drive)
too close to the price of the intake system so i cant do it. can anyone tell me where to find a K&N cone in calgary, or just the cleaning kit would be smart

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you have a Pep Boys, they have a K&N filter that is media on the top end
Sorry don't know the part no but K&N website will have it. K&N and Injen
will use the same K&N part.
The filters that come with CAI are closed top.

I am just using simple green and garden hose to clean engine, very
good result. Mop everything up with a bath towel, then Amoral everything that is black.

TSX Cman said:
well i located a BMC filter, the guy watned 116$ CDN for it plus 20$ to ship it from edmonton to calgary ( a 40 minute drive)
too close to the price of the intake system so i cant do it. can anyone tell me where to find a K&N cone in calgary, or just the cleaning kit would be smart

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok well im just gonna find a canadian tire. what i need to know is what cone # it is, OR if i need the k&N recharging bottle or cleaner tube
which product to clean my filter

·
Registered
147 Posts
TSX Cman said:
ok well im just gonna find a canadian tire. what i need to know is what cone # it is, OR if i need the k&N recharging bottle or cleaner tube
which product to clean my filter
The stores that sell K&N will have the recharger kit, it has cleaner
and spray oil. Give yourself overnight to let the cotton dry. You might
get a couple plastic fender liner clips, they break. There are two sizes
get a couple of each.

The RU-4870 is the filter that comes with K&N Typhoon CAI. I believe
it is same filter that comes with Injen.
There is a filter just like this with media on top, it is RX-4870.

RU-4870 Product Specifications
Product Style: Round Tapered Universal Air Filter
Base Outside Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
Flange Inside Diameter: 2.75 in (70 mm)
Flange Length: 2 in (51 mm)
Flange Type: Centered
Height: 6.5 in (165 mm)
Top Outside Diameter: 5 in (127 mm)
Top Style: Rubber
Top Material/Finish: None
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 1.24 oz (37 ml)
Weight: 1.2 lb (0.5 kg)
Product Box Length: 6.25 in (159 mm)
Product Box Width: 6.25 in (159 mm)
Product Box Height: 10.19 in (259 mm)

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
just use simple green to degvrease/clean your engine. put plastic bags over all the electronics, zip tie them tight and spray away.

also, if you already have an aftermarket intake you dont need a new filter cone, just a recharger kit. Clean the bitch, reoil it and reinstall. they are designed to last 100k miles. Id replace it at 50K my self though.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
TSX Cman said:
too close to the price of the intake system so i cant do it.
Yes, the price of them is the downside. No doubts, BMC filters are one of the most expensive replacement filters I've seen on the market. However, you are also paying to get one of the best engineered filters on the market. After you've experienced it, you'd see the performance constrast from the normal Injen/K&N filter. "Filters aren't just filters."

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good write up Honda man, I am curious why Injen does not publish such Pics. I did my install yesterday and I essentialy tossed the Injen instructions as they are completly worthless. I am disapointed as they forgot to send me 2 parts but a quick run to home depot solved that. I have dynomat comming in the mail so I thinking I will install some around the intake to kill some of the vibration.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts