Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend accidently got gum on the passenger seat, how would I go about cleaning it? I heard freezing it or using olive oil..any other options for a tan interior?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I would use the safest techniques and then work your way to the more agressive methods slowly, as we're dealing with leather. it doesnt help that TSX seats are perforated, so stuff like goo gone can really seep in lol. And whatever you do, DONT scrape! lol.

*remove as much as you can by hand, by pinching and pulling it off, when you get to the base thats stuck to the leather:

*Lexol cleaner, hit it up with a applicator pad, scrub it with minimal to medium effort, let the suds soak it up.

*Use a damp microfiber cloth for the rinse portion, scrub that portion down.

With this method I was able to remove pretty much a tattoo mark from the leather lol (heat from sun +plastic cover with imprint logo left on seat glued it onto it).

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
this is totally a new and priceless thread. lol

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
^ it won't damage ur paint. I used it to remove the stubborn adhesive left behind when I debadged my car. Use a microfiber towel and take it easy at first and u should be good to go. If u need to, then a little elbow grease oughta do the trick.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Guys is Goo Gone safe to use on bumpers in order to remove tape residue?? would it damage the paint?
^ it won't damage ur paint. I used it to remove the stubborn adhesive left behind when I debadged my car. Use a microfiber towel and take it easy at first and u should be good to go. If u need to, then a little elbow grease oughta do the trick.
I used it when i debadged as well. No damage at all. Just clean it when you're done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts