Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I add amplifiers without the mercman harness if I want to keep the factory headunit?

also anyone just ditched the factory headunit completely and put in an aftermarket headunit?

We want to put roughly a JL 300/4 on the front/rear door speakers, and a JL 500/1 to a pair of 10's or a 12 in the trunk.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe, good to see you here.

Of course I still work on the Jeep. But its system is pretty dialed. Love the thing. It has a rockford power 800a2 and a 500a2 on the sub. Been thinking of making a few tweaks, like getting a more efficient subwoofer amp and perhaps selling the JL stealthbox to build my own "stealthbox" but bigger and for a 12" sub.

Actually the Jeep I have a new borla muffler I need to get put on, don't have 220v in the garage to weld it myself anymore and don't want to buy a 110 welder...

Then shorten the darn addco endlinks.

Then repaint my spare wheel after i have it media blasted and mount a new tire on it.

Then put in new carpet in the rear cargo that i've had in storage for awhile.

Then clean out my garage to park the Jeep inside again LOL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do I add amplifiers without the mercman harness if I want to keep the factory headunit?

also anyone just ditched the factory headunit completely and put in an aftermarket headunit?

We want to put roughly a JL 300/4 on the front/rear door speakers, and a JL 500/1 to a pair of 10's or a 12 in the trunk.
You would have to get a processor. Look into Audio Control. I have a Mercman harness for sale with balun so you can use any amp. You can attempt to make your own mercman harness. Its not hard, but you are likely to get noise. He uses a simple circuitry in his harness. He permanate markered all the electrical components so you cant duplicate it.

·
Registered
165 Posts

The only issue with this is that the front door speakers and the tweeters are crossed over at the amp and have their own speaker wires to each driver so you would need to either run a passive crossover, add a capacitor in series, or run the tweet on its on channel using the amps crossovers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.