Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can control the instrument cluster and the nav screen just fine but how do I adjust the clock area? Mine seems too bright. I know because the area that is not lit up with characters also glows. If you have any sort of adjustable display, like a VFD display, you can play with the brightness and the "perfect" calibration point is where the letters are at the brightest but the background is pitch black.

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
i dont think there is a way to adjust the clocks brightness... hmm

·
Registered
24 Posts
silly rabbit's tricks are for kids. on the panel there are 2 knobs. the one on the left is two reset and switch the two trips. the one on the right you cant push in. however if you turn it you will see the odometer switch too all mini 0's. turn it left or right to adjust to your liking.

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
smartass1235 said:
silly rabbit's tricks are for kids. on the panel there are 2 knobs. the one on the left is two reset and switch the two trips. the one on the right you cant push in. however if you turn it you will see the odometer switch too all mini 0's. turn it left or right to adjust to your liking.
does that adjust the clock tho... i dont remember if it does or not

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think it does adjust along with the dash lights but the reason you might not be noticing is because the dash lights are so much brighter than the control buttons are. So lets say you set the dash lights perfect to a lower brightness so you can actually see the road but then you look down to the backlit controls around the Navi and you can't distinguish whats what because they are so much darker than the dash lights. The only answer is to twist the dial to brighter and have controls you can now see but dash lights that are way too bright. Sucks don't it, it's a lose lose situation because the light brightnesses aren't balanced.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not referring to the navi or buttons. I am talking about the brightness fo the clock.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The clock is default that with lights off it is set to a certain brightness and that when you flick the headlights on the clock automatically dims. But there is no fine tuning or setting it to your taste... that's why I stated earlier sucks don't it. They have everything operating automatically or connected to some other action so that you the user can't adjust to your preferences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts