Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· @fsocietytsx
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short Video on how i made my TSX front splitter.

Pretty much just took off my bumper and set it on the sheet of alumalite flush to the end. Made small marks on where the bumper was sitting. Then i moved both sides up 5 inches and outlined the front. Then from the edge of the outline to 1inch wider than the original bumper marks make a line. the rest was just cut and drill then use bolts with fender washers.

· 雪彫刻専家
317 Posts
Wow, great job. Where did you acquire a sheet and how much did it cost you? I've been looking at different materials and costs for making my own splitter/bumper for my S13. I'm currently considering 1/2" Coosa Bluewater 20 (fiberglass filled foam)

Multiple Application Bluewater Panels - Coosa Composites

I think it's super light and pretty rigid for use as a splitter.

Attachments

· @fsocietytsx
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, great job. Where did you acquire a sheet and how much did it cost you? I've been looking at different materials and costs for making my own splitter/bumper for my S13. I'm currently considering 1/2" Coosa Bluewater 20 (fiberglass filled foam)

Multiple Application Bluewater Panels - Coosa Composites

I think it's super light and pretty rigid for use as a splitter.
Hey, i got it from a shop that sell Sign Board. it was $130CAD for a full 8x4 sheet. Pretty strong, i've taken it up to 195kph without front rods and no bends or anything.

· Registered
755 Posts
Hey, i got it from a shop that sell Sign Board. it was $130CAD for a full 8x4 sheet. Pretty strong, i've taken it up to 195kph without front rods and no bends or anything.
Thanks for the great videos!

Does the splitter extends 5" away from the bumper? I read somewhere (maybe on s2k) that there is a sweet spot, 3" or 4" on either s2k or miata. But obviously now you have enough power so drag might not be that much of a concern. Any plan on flat underbody + diffuser?

· @fsocietytsx
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great videos!

Does the splitter extends 5" away from the bumper? I read somewhere (maybe on s2k) that there is a sweet spot, 3" or 4" on either s2k or miata. But obviously now you have enough power so drag might not be that much of a concern. Any plan on flat underbody + diffuser?
Mine is at 5 inches (the maximum for my class) though it isn't yet sealed off so not that much downforce yet, but it will be something i will be adding on soon and then doing some trials at the track to see the difference.. I wish i could run a flat under body and diffuser but unfortunately i have restrictions in time attack. I used to run a rear diffuser, but when i dropped classes i took it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.