Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Census Bureau just came out with some data on commuting times. New York City leads the way -- an average of 38 minutes getting to work. Chicago is second -- 32 minutes. Then come Philadelphia, Riverside (Cal.), and Baltimore.

The national average is 24, an increase of two minutes since 1990.

Among states, New York was first, with a typical commuting time of 31 minutes, followed by Maryland, New Jersey, Illinois and California.

BTW this isn't just about driver commuting -- it's everything, including mass transit.

Shortest commutes: Wichita (16.5 minutes), Tulsa (16.8 minutes) and Omaha (17.3 minutes).

(Got this info from the New York Times.)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
If I leave the house at 7:30am I wont be at work till 9am.. If I leave at 9:40am I will be at work at 10am go figure. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
5 minute drive to and from work.

:D

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm about 5 miles from the office... it takes me about 15 mins (all city driving - low speed limits, many traffic lights, etc.). Of course, on the flip side, I don't think it has ever been worse than 20 mins.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
45 mins each way except today when I got stuck infront of a draw bridge opening and had to wait 45 mins when the ship broke down right under the bridge.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
If I drive, it takes me 50-60 minutes to Philly at 8 am. At 7am, 25 minutes. Distance= 16 miles.

Why does my fuel economy suck again???

Actually, I usually take the train and read

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey JCG, have you tried driving along the shoulder? You can avoid a lot of bumper-to-bumper that way.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
coujac said:
I drive 62 miles each way to work! 1hr 20mins .. 1 hr on a good day.
Ahh, so you live in Southern Maryland, and you live 4 miles from your workplace in DC ;)

Northern Virginia - my vote for worst traffic in the east :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts