Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading some posts about gas mileage, I am wondering if anyone have found out how many miles approximately the TSX can go after the gas warning light in the fuel gauge first light up ?

Assume normal driving.....some highway some city.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Edit: I was mistakenly thinking of how many miles you have left when the Trip Computer indicates 0, rather than what Diesel asked about.
So you might as well not even read this post.
:D

Don't count on any more than 20, if that.

Originally I figured it would be at least 50 (I was thinking it was at least 2 galllons, EASY), and I ran out of gas!! I wish I had kept track of how many extra miles I drove. I'd guess it was 30-40 but I'm really not sure.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
well I can say for sure in MY car its 3 gallons. After the light goes on, I drive 45 miles to work, and then fill up at the nearest costco....15.5 gallons

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pocketkiller said:
well I can say for sure in MY car its 3 gallons. After the light goes on, I drive 45 miles to work, and then fill up at the nearest costco....15.5 gallons
3 ga;;pms is at least 60 miles ! After the low fuel light is on.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
larchmont said:
Don't count on any more than 20, if that.

Originally I figured it would be at least 50 (I was thinking it was at least 2 galllons, EASY), and I ran out of gas!! I wish I had kept track of how many extra miles I drove. I'd guess it was 30-40 but I'm really not sure.
If we play it conservatively 2 gallons is around 40 miles. However, you are right. It's not a good idea to push for the limit.

You get Acura-Care to come over to put some gas in your vehicle, larchmont ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Diesel said:
.....You get Acura-Care to come over to put some gas in your vehicle, larchmont ?
I didn't even think of that!
The lady just drove me to a gas station nearby and I filled up an old gas can that I had.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
larchmont said:
I didn't even think of that!
The lady just drove me to a gas station nearby and I filled up an old gas can that I had -- 2 gallons.
Doesn't the trip computer tell you how many miles you have left ? I am wondering should we trust the trip computer on this.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Diesel said:
Doesn't the trip computer tell you how many miles you have left ? I am wondering should we trust the trip computer on this.
:slapping self in head real hard:

:and doing it again:

My bad! Forget everything I said on here!!!!

I simply misread the original post! I mean, I know how to read, sort of :D but I guess I was going too fast and I started talking about the wrong thing.

In fact, the TRIP COMPUTER is exactly what I've been talking about, not the warning light, which was what you asked about.
I've been talking about how many miles you have left when the Trip Computer shows 0.

I'm gonna go back and do some edits to indicate that I sucked. :deezo:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
ok...with the trip computer registering less than 10 miles, I filled up and used 15.033 gallons (us)

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Diesel said:
What's TLC ?
Total Luxury Care provided by every Acura dealer. Its a little bonus that comes with your warranty. You should have a little card in your leather manual case that says TLC on it and their phone number.

If you:

run out of gas
get a flat tire
break down on the side of the road
need to plan a trip

They will:

bring you a gallon
come patch it up or change your spare for you
tow you to the nearest mechanic
provide you with maps and trip route information

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
larchmont said:
:slapping self in head real hard:

:and doing it again:

My bad! Forget everything I said on here!!!!

I simply misread the original post! I mean, I know how to read, sort of :D but I guess I was going too fast and I started talking about the wrong thing.

In fact, the TRIP COMPUTER is exactly what I've been talking about, not the warning light, which was what you asked about.
I've been talking about how many miles you have left when the Trip Computer shows 0.

I'm gonna go back and do some edits to indicate that I sucked. :deezo:

larchmont,

You actually think of a even better topic. I should have asked about the trip computer instead of the warning light. The question should be: should the remaining miles of the trip computer be trusted ?

Back when I have my car, everytime I fill up the Tcomputer said I have 496 miles remaining for the tank of gas. I am not sure whether I shoudl trust the 496 or not.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Total Luxury Care provided by every Acura dealer. Its a little bonus that comes with your warranty.
I had VolvoCare on my Volvo and they were completely useless. In fact, they were less than useless (wouldn't tow me because the dealer's service department wasn't open at the time.) At least AAA shows up. Eventually. Maybe TLC is better, maybe not. I'm a skeptic.

I know how to change a tire in less time than even AAA will take to come out. Only exception is if I'm wearing a suit.

As for gas, I try not to let the gauge get much below 1/4 of a tank.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bob shiftright said:
I had VolvoCare on my Volvo and they were completely useless. In fact, they were less than useless (wouldn't tow me because the dealer's service department wasn't open at the time.) At least AAA shows up. Eventually. Maybe TLC is better, maybe not. I'm a skeptic.

I know how to change a tire in less time than even AAA will take to come out. Only exception is if I'm wearing a suit.

As for gas, I try not to let the gauge get much below 1/4 of a tank.
Any reason not let the gauge get below 1/4 of a tank ?

I did try TLC. (when the drunk driver hit my car and made my car shorter by a few inches : ( ) They are really great. The consultants are very organized and the service is promptly. Of course, they just ask the local towing company to do the job, just like AAA. I guess they reimburse them or whatever.

·
Blakura
55 Posts
well i pumped instantly when the lights just came on...and i pumped 93 octane and it came to be 13.3 gallons (i say 13 cuz i pushed more so the price would be exactly at 25 dollars).....so i say 4 gallons left the lights turn on.

·
Blakura
55 Posts
umm does the TSX really hold 17.1 gallon cuz at 4 gallons remaining, the lil needle is so close to the empty mark.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts