Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went moar low on my car this morning. And the car sits really really nice on 18x7 +40 wrapped in 225/40/18. I'm definitely tucking tire and my question is.. have you guys removed the front fender lining? I seen some people post about tucking the lining, but I can't seem to find a DIY. Can anyone chime in? pics would be great for the diy.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I didn't remove it bc I didn't want to have the snow and water in my bay.
To tuck, you will need to cut the 90degree lip off the fender liner, then roller the actual fender up so you pinch the plastic liner with the roles fender. At least that's how I did it.

A new thing I learned while trying to clear the back, is that you can use a heat gun on the liner and cook it till its soft. Then you can MOLD it however you want until it cools and hardens. Stays exactly now you stretch/mold/shape it!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
I'm on 17x7.5 with 215/50 tires sitting on zero wheel gap and tucking a bit. I regret not removing my front wheel lining. It's mostly shredded from contact with the wheel on bumpy roads

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
You don't get snow, but you get water I guess.
To remove the rears you just take out all the clips and screws that tack it in. It's the same for the front I assume. You should probably throw some truck bend lining or something against the exposed painted metal to protect it. Stones>chips>peeling>bare metal>rust

·
Registered
292 Posts
A new thing I learned while trying to clear the back, is that you can use a heat gun on the liner and cook it till its soft. Then you can MOLD it however you want until it cools and hardens. Stays exactly now you stretch/mold/shape it!!!

This is a great tip, thanks.
When it's heated, it can be ballooned out a little, yes ?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
You can shape it however you want. But be aware that it will be HOT. So use something instead of your hand that won't melt. It will stretch. BUT you have to hold it where you want till it cools!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
I have mine out because I have not figured out a way to attach it to my J's racing bumper in the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts