Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car in 2004 I heard that they are shipping 5000 TSX to the US, hence the dealers were pretty tough on the price.

Now, I am seeing more TSX on the road, than Honda Accord, it makes me wonder are they really shipping only 5000 to the US in 2005.

Oh ! BTW, I see many more TSX than TL on the road these days.....does it mean the dealers have a tough time moving their TL inventory ? It is because TL is supposed to have more supply than TSX...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Acura's original sales goal for the TSX was approx. 15,000, but sales and demand for the TSX have far exceeded that modest goal. I am thinking that they are increasing production to me the demand and interest. I think about 25,000 TSX will be made for the 2005 model year, maybe more that that.

I see like 5 TSXs on the road each day. Where have you been Diesel? Its been a while since I've seen you post on here.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
Where have you been Diesel?
Good to see you Diesel!! :nod:
I still see much more TL's on the road each day here. In fact, I am lucky if I see more than one TSX a week..
Joker - who doesn't get it (why he never sees many TSX's around here) :donno:

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's because most people feel that paying 30k for a car that doesn't have a v6 is kind of worthless down here. That's how SoCal people feel down here about the TSX.

-Jimmy

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I noticed whenever I am in Chicago there aren't as many TSXs there either, I see more TSXs here in in Missouri than there. I guess it depends on demographics and the price...like Jimmmmmmmah!!! said....its not really worth paying almost $30k for a car that doesn't have a V6.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hey, Diesel -- 5000??? You been away from us too long!!! :D

(Great to see you, wassup?)

I wonder where you got 5000 -- I think you're just mis-remembering.
As Agent Chen said, the figure that was usually given was 15,000, but a coupla things about that:

(1) It wasn't for 2004 calendar year, it was in 2003.
And also, AFAIK it was never totally clear whether it was for calendar year 2003 (which included only 9 months because the TSX didn't start being sold until April '03) or for a 12-month period (e.g. 4/1/03 - 4/1/04).
My impression is that it was an estimate for every 12 months.

(2) As AC said, it was just an estimate or target. It was never a limit, which many people thought it was.

Regarding current "targets": I think 35,000 - 40,000 per year (i.e. 12-month period) would be a good guess. Recent sales figures have been about 3000 per month.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
That is quite abit above the projection. Also makes me wonder as to where they are all going

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agent_Chen said:
Acura's original sales goal for the TSX was approx. 15,000, but sales and demand for the TSX have far exceeded that modest goal. I am thinking that they are increasing production to me the demand and interest. I think about 25,000 TSX will be made for the 2005 model year, maybe more that that.

Hello AC

I see like 5 TSXs on the road each day. Where have you been Diesel? Its been a while since I've seen you post on here.
I was in the middle of transition.....the big M word. Therefore, I wasn't here the last month or so. Actually, the transition fail :(

Must be 15000 !!! The 5000 is just because of bad memory from my part.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
larchmont said:
Hey, Diesel -- 5000??? You been away from us too long!!! :D

(Great to see you, wassup?)

I wonder where you got 5000 -- I think you're just mis-remembering.
As Agent Chen said, the figure that was usually given was 15,000, but a coupla things about that:

(1) It wasn't for 2004 calendar year, it was in 2003.
And also, AFAIK it was never totally clear whether it was for calendar year 2003 (which included only 9 months because the TSX didn't start being sold until April '03) or for a 12-month period (e.g. 4/1/03 - 4/1/04).
My impression is that it was an estimate for every 12 months.

(2) As AC said, it was just an estimate or target. It was never a limit, which many people thought it was.

Regarding current "targets": I think 35,000 - 40,000 per year (i.e. 12-month period) would be a good guess. Recent sales figures have been about 3000 per month.

Hello larchmont

What's up ? 35000-40000 vehicles per year is about right from what I see on the road. The 35000-40000 figures is still less than the TL ? I guess...
However, I see more TSX on the road these days than TL...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Diesel said:
.....35000-40000 vehicles per year is about right from what I see on the road. The 35000-40000 figures is still less than the TL ? I guess...
However, I see more TSX on the road these days than TL...
Funny -- me too!!!
There seem to be a lot more TSX's than new TL's around here, although neither car is very common.
And.....I see more old TL's around here than either the TSX or the new TL. But TSX is catching up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts