Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

New member here, and I hope to soon be an actual TSX owner. I have been eyeing the TSX for over a year now and I'm ready to purchase it.

I am looking into a new 2013 TSX w/ Technology Package. I was wondering if anyone has a TSX w/ TP, or TSX without TP, or TSX Special Edition...how much you guys were able to get yours for. I don't want to feel like I'm getting screwed over at the dealership and want to find a price that is fair to me and the car salesman.

Also, if you think the Technology Package isn't worth it, I would love to hear some input as well. Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2010 Tec V6 and I love the V6! I recently drove the I4 (Acura curtsy car) and missed my V6 right away. I don't know if your looking to spend that much but I would at least test drive one with everything.

·
Registered
156 Posts
dealership always gonna screw ya. find the car you want and offer a few grand less and go from there. thats what i wish i woulda done haha. 27k for 2010 tsx non tech and 23k miles about a year ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2012 Milano red TSX SE 6 speed (non tech package) back in October 2012. Brand new from a dealer in Connecticut. After several back and forth negotiations througout several days I was able to get the car for $30,000. This price was without the exented warranty, taxes and other fees.
It included the delivery fee though.

Would this be your first time buying a vehicle at dealership?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Btw,
buying a standard / 6speed vehicle over an automatic is always going to be a few grand cheaper.

As for the technology package, I believe this translates to onboard navigation with voice recognition, better speakers, 18" wheels rather than 17's and a rearview camera.

If you dont care for any of those then opt out of the tech package.

I get around just fine with my Garmin 5" GPS (which I rarely use). I always look behind me when backing up.
I dont like their 18" wheel design.
I can always install better speakers myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2012 TSX Tech

I bought my brand new 14 miles 2012 TSX with Tech back in November 28, 2012 for $29,700. If you buy at the end of the month and stand tough, you can get the price you are looking for. Or at least close to it!

BTW, it is the I4 and has lots of pep!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought my 2012 non-tech premimum auto in brand new condition for 29.6K in Canada, 2 months ago. Everything is included but taxes.

Sometime I wonder about tech pkg but strictly for show-off purposes. I don't see much of its utility in my everyday use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I purchased a 2012 Milano red TSX SE 6 speed (non tech package) back in October 2012. Brand new from a dealer in Connecticut. After several back and forth negotiations througout several days I was able to get the car for $30,000. This price was without the exented warranty, taxes and other fees.
It included the delivery fee though.

Would this be your first time buying a vehicle at dealership?
Yes, it will be my first time buying from a dealership.

I appreciate everyone's responses and willingness to help! I want the tech package for the navigation system and better speakers, but I guess I could just buy those separate and get them installed...ah I don't know!

·
Acura-holic
5 Posts
Yes, it will be my first time buying from a dealership.

I appreciate everyone's responses and willingness to help! I want the tech package for the navigation system and better speakers, but I guess I could just buy those separate and get them installed...ah I don't know!
looking at the dash, i think it would be pretty hard/expensive to add an aftermarket navigation system on one that comes without it from factory. i chose the SE over the tech package because i use my phone if i ever need navi. or go old school and whip out the gps. lol. also, i love the lip kit and interior that comes with the SE.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2010 TSX 5AT Grigio Mettalic 67100mi Base w/ Protection Package II 1 owner clean carfax bought 3 weeks ago for $16990.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Brand new 2012 TSX Sport Wagon Black with Tech Package - 28.5K :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.