Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the tsx is heavier up front, do you have to compensate for that to get an even drop? If I want an even drop from front to back, should I lower the front 1.5 and the back 1.75 to get the even drop? if so, how much lower should i lower the back than the front?

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
just buy a set of springs, not adjustables unless you are buying real coilovers. Just decide how low you want to make the car and buy the appropiate springs. Remember though, you SHOULD buy new shocks that can take the lowered stance and are more agressive to match the stiffer spring rates.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
goowakjai said:
since the tsx is heavier up front, do you have to compensate for that to get an even drop? If I want an even drop from front to back, should I lower the front 1.5 and the back 1.75 to get the even drop? if so, how much lower should i lower the back than the front?
The TSX is heavier in front; however, almost all springs for the TSX drop the front a little bit more than rear. This is due to more factory wheel gap in front, an annoying trend in Japanese sedans these days....

Keep in mind that all of these springs are considerably stiffer in the front than the rear to handle the extra weight.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry i forgot to mention this, but this question is based upon the assumption that a coilover setup will be used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts