Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE POST HOW MUCH U PAYED FOR YOUR TSX PLZZZ. IM TRYING TO BUY ONE BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY SELLING FOR. SO PLZZ THANKS

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I PAID FULL MSRP. MAYBE I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT FOR LESS BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GET THE CAR FAST SO I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY GAMES OR TAKE ANY CHANCES. DEFINITELY NOT A STRONG NEGOTIATING STANCE.

oops, /caps lock..... :D

It depends a lot on where you are. In most places though, it seems like right now you can usually get at least a few hundred off MSRP. I'd say $1000 off is darn good, although some people have done better.

Good luck.

BTW what's the deal with the caps anyway? :D

P.S. Cool name. (I guess.) :donno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks i use caps for certain things but not regularly and its late so i didnt bother erasing lol. anyways msrp is what now a days??? and yeah im in miami fl trying to see what deals are around. thanks again

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
MSRP is $26,490 without Navigation system, $28,490 with Nav.

You have to add the "destination charge," which was originally $500 but which just recently got raised, I think to $625.

There aren't any "major" options other than the Nav.
But a lot of people add stuff like mats, cargo net, visors, fog lights, spoilers.
Depending on whether you pick some of those things, that can add another $1000 or more. But you don't really need any of them.

The TSX is a car where you can really get out the door without adding anything if you don't want to.
(Except sales tax if your state has it.)

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Admin/Mods: Perhaps we can make this a sticky and use it as the forum's pricing thread for other potential TSX buyers to use as a bargaining chip.

The destination charge for Acura TSX is $545 (US).

I got my TSX (with NAV) for pretty much $1000 off of the MSRP ($27999). After tax, tags, and other fees, I got it hair under $30,000 out the door. This was in November of 2003.

Also, a lot of people have had success with sites like www.carsdirect.com or www.edmunds.com to see the True Market Value pricing to identify the "going rate" in their area.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
27k w/ NAVI (out the door 29.5k...high taxes here)...less than 2 weeks ago.

euroR813's price is the best I have seen...good job dude & I thought I did good on my price. :)

I also used carsdirect.com to gage the price in my area and see what the invoice price is for it.

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts

i've got it for the invoice price, cuz my mother works for the dealership as an accounting, so i've got it for an employee price :mardi:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
euroR813 said:
i've got it for the invoice price, cuz my mother works for the dealership as an accounting, so i've got it for an employee price :mardi:
Must be nice. :bowdown1: ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
SIGEPPOOPOOBOY said:
PLEASE POST HOW MUCH U PAYED FOR YOUR TSX PLZZZ. IM TRYING TO BUY ONE BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY SELLING FOR. SO PLZZ THANKS
I got a 2005 w/ 5000miles on it from a dealer who used the TSX as a service loaner car to customers. Came with 7yr 100,000 mile PowerTrain & Bumper to Bumper Warranty out the door (including tax, tags, etc.) around $27,500. If you don't mind a "FEW" miles to save a couple grand then ask around about the service loaner option.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
^^^^ Make sure you know if "everything included" will be including any state sales tax.

People often don't think about that and don't wonder about it.
So they can be a couple thousand off in how they're viewing it.
(Or more.)

·
Registered
258 Posts
jfrink2 said:
I got a 2005 w/ 5000miles on it from a dealer who used the TSX as a service loaner car to customers. Came with 7yr 100,000 mile PowerTrain & Bumper to Bumper Warranty out the door (including tax, tags, etc.) around $27,500. If you don't mind a "FEW" miles to save a couple grand then ask around about the service loaner option.
and how much more would you pay for a new one?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
larchmont said:
I PAID FULL MSRP. MAYBE I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT FOR LESS BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GET THE CAR FAST SO I DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY GAMES OR TAKE ANY CHANCES. DEFINITELY NOT A STRONG NEGOTIATING STANCE.

oops, /caps lock..... :D

It depends a lot on where you are. In most places though, it seems like right now you can usually get at least a few hundred off MSRP. I'd say $1000 off is darn good, although some people have done better.

Good luck.

BTW what's the deal with the caps anyway? :D

P.S. Cool name. (I guess.) :donno:

Dick :lol::lol::lol:

I got mine for about 26k non-navi with rear spoiler

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
2004 TSX no Nav - got it pre-owned certified in May 2005 with 6900 miles for 24K (25,500 including tax and fees) in really good condition. BTW, the Finance Manager at Paragon Acura (NY) is a huge prick. This was my first and last time there. My mistake was I took my wife and she really wanted to take the car ASAP. Had we waited few days, I'm sure we would've gotten it chaper.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts