Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 is now 12 years old, and I've owned it for just over 4. I haven't changed any of the bulbs, and have read they lose intensity as they age. Some have mentioned swapping halogen bulbs yearly. In the past I've just replaced the pair if I lost a bulb, but wonder if I'm driving with a noticeable loss of performance by doing so...

I've heard HID bulbs will also dim over time. I think about that every time I turn them on, since it seems they take a little time to fully brighten.

What is the average lifespan of halogen bulbs? HID bulbs?

I'll probably swap out the H1 high beams shortly, but also wondered if I should think about new low beam bulbs too. That's definitely a more involved procedure, so if required I'll probably tackle than in the spring when it warms up outside...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've only ever replaced them as a pair when one goes out. If one replaced a single bulb with the same make and style as the old and did a side by side comparison there may be a slight difference between new and old, but I would be surprised if it were significant. For a clean white light I really like my Osram CBI bulbs. For the highest output on a stock system, I like the Osram Nightbreaker.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

OSRAM Night Breaker bulbs for me! Only about $20 on Amazon.

The best part is the bulb is NOT coated with anything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts