Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have read many threads and i cant find anything specific to what im looking for.

I have installed it correctly like the picture below.

But my problem is when i try to take the bar off and extend it... obviously the bar doesn't fit back cause the bolts wont line back up.
This is how much zero camber looks like.

Q.just needing to know how do adjust it both the nuts are loose and i move the bar across but it doesn't do anything. ?!?!

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
For the first part, assuming I understand what you are talking about (but not exactly sure why you would take the whole bar off...), maybe you can loosen one end (I am talking about the perpendicular bolt attached to the car) and align the thread and screw in the bar.

For your question, as far as i know, you just need to un-tighten the two nuts and then just take a vise-grip to it and turn either clockwise/counterclockwise to adjust the camber. If you are afraid of the vise-grip scarring up the bar, put a work rag over it and grip it.

Hope I understood what you were saying and had answered your questions...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wouldnt dare trying to adjust the camber/toe/caster on my own. without the proper machines/ equipment, your just guessing on the amount of camber/toe/caster you have..
you should take it to an alignment shop and tell them what you want done.

but just to answer your question: install everything. loosen up the lock nuts on the end of each side, and twist the body clockwise or counter clockwise to extend or shorten the length of the arms. and then tighten back up the locknuts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Shouldnt the first step be to raise the car off the ground ??? i mean how is he going to adjust the camber if the weight of the car and the friction between the tire and the concrete is holding the wheel in place ???

·
KSLprodukshunz
201 Posts
Shouldnt the first step be to raise the car off the ground ??? i mean how is he going to adjust the camber if the weight of the car and the friction between the tire and the concrete is holding the wheel in place ???
that is true. but you can still adjust the camber without having it in the air. you wanna have it sitting as it would while your driving when you adjust the camber. doing it in the air would throw it off from the final result when the car is lowered back down.

but i think the op meant that he took the camber kit off and adjusted it. then proceeded to put them back on and wasnt lining up. You arent supposed to remove them from the car. Loosen the outer nuts and twist the middle part off the camber kit until it gets to where you want it to be.

·
Registered
833 Posts
that is true. but you can still adjust the camber without having it in the air. you wanna have it sitting as it would while your driving when you adjust the camber. doing it in the air would throw it off from the final result when the car is lowered back down.

but i think the op meant that he took the camber kit off and adjusted it. then proceeded to put them back on and wasnt lining up. You arent supposed to remove them from the car. Loosen the outer nuts and twist the middle part off the camber kit until it gets to where you want it to be.
Well Sir, I Stand Corrected :p

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
you need to make sure the ends are threaded into the center the same amount... best thing to do is just thread them in the whole way then intall them, then adjust via the center bar only.

My mech. loved them, took no time at all to align the car. Just used hands to turn the center bar to adjust the toe/camber

·
KSLprodukshunz
201 Posts
The thing about these camber rods compared to the ball joints one, these pushes the camber in and out from the bottom of the wheel. the ball joint ones push them in and out from the top of the wheel. so if you throw an aggressive wheel set up with alot of poke on your car, the bottom camber kit is not for you because no matter how much you try to camber the wheels, the top of the rear suspension would not change. see what i am saying?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.