Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I really don't want to go for a salvaged TSX, but I really want to get one before the end of summer where I have to start heading back to school. So I kind of gave in. On Sunday I will be meeting up with a guy to buy a salvaged title tsx that he stated was a minor accident hit in the rear left and needed a bumper/light change. Is there a way to bring the car to a place for a quick inspection for either frame damage or suspension damage (or anything else that is important?) I really want to make sure before I buy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A quick way? No, because it has to go on a frame machine and then check all the point on the car. You can visually look at the frame, If you see fresh paint or bends you can suspect frame damage. I got my car with frame damage and I gave it to a reputable shop to fix and they did such a great job that you cant even tell it was ever frame damaged. It's a lot cheaper and I personally have no problem with salvaged cars if the work is done right, but then again I usually do all the work myself haha!

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
If the title is salvage, there was nothing 'minor' about the accident. Don't let this seller tell you otherwise. Ask for pics of the 'minor damage' if he doesnt have any then you know he's full of shit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I just don't fully trust the fact that it was only hit in the rear end and only had the bumper and light changed that got it the salvaged title. That's why I wanted to go get it checked out jam. Could it be taken to some nearby shop and had it checked, and how long would that take and what would it cost?

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
You can get the frame checked at a shop, it'll probably cost around 100$ or so.. but it would be money well spent if you are serious about buying it.

I would steer clear of salvage title cars honestly, be patient and keep searching around for a clean titled TSX.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
How many miles are on the car? Whats the condition of the car? Throw some pics up. Also wouldnt hurt to get a carfax on it ;)

If its a high millage one its possible it was a small accident and the insurance company decided to bail on it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it has 70-80k miles on it. I'm not sure about the condition because I haven't seen it in person yet. How do I upload the photos? It says it has exceeded my quota or something.

Also, what kind of mechanics should I be looking for to check for the frame/suspension damage, not dealerships right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.