Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Transmission Fluid Inspection and Replacement
1. Park the vehicle on level ground, and turn off the engine.
2. Remove the splash shield.

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=D13E945DC8251291&resid=D13E945DC8251291%21124&authkey=AGfd2KPrk_PHhAY" width="320" height="233" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

3. Remove the oil filler plug (A) and washer (B), check the condition of the fluid, and make sure it is at the proper level (C).

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=D13E945DC8251291&resid=D13E945DC8251291%21125&authkey=AOBKmgJwe72gpv4" width="320" height="242" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

4. If the fluid is dirty, remove the drain plug (D), and drain it.
5. Install the drain plug with a new drain plug washer (P/N 90403-RAR-M00), and refill the transmission fluid to the proper level. Fluid Capacity 2.0 L (2.1 US qt.) at Fluid Change 2.2 L (2.3 US qt.) at Overhaul Always use Honda Manual Transmission Fluid (MTF) . Using engine oil can cause stiffer shifting because it does not contain the proper additives.
6. Install the oil filler plug with a new filler plug washer (P/N 90404-RAR-M00).
7. Install the splash shield.

·
Registered
715 Posts
awesome just what i was looking for :) im off down the garage to do mine right now :festive:

·
Registered
715 Posts
awesome just what i was looking for :) im off down the garage to do mine right now :festive:
just to add i was going to do it untill i realised i didnt have a flippin funnel! (f)(l)(a)(

doing it tomorrow instead.

yea the splash guard is the pain in the rear!

with hondas stupid plastic clips that they use on all the bumpers that break into bits once theyve got old and gone brittle

^^^^ man i hate those things!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you "top it off"?
Like say you put your finger in and the oil is just about to come out so it is "full".

But what if I just want to add like a couple of ounces more?
Isn't there a top bolt where you can take off and do so.

Or mabe I'm just PARANOID and its totally fine the way it is.

Gears shift fine, easy.

I also noticed that some other Honda/acura pictures their trany oil are as dark as the engine oil.
But mine came out the same as what I pored in.
I'm guessing its the who what when and where.

120,000 miles 2004 tsx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.